Defi Gauges

Zero7

Advanced Member
IMO they look a bit platic, are they designed to fit where the stero is? Liv, I thought you had sold your mota, you keeping it?

Evs

Advanced Member
Very nice indeed - and if they'll fit in the dash with your stereo then a much neater solution than A-pillar or dash-top mounted gauges 8)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Nice. :D i think they used to fit these as a factory option to the evos.

I think you may still need to buy senders though .

Defi are imported into the UK by Tein uk.

Trung

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
i think they used to fit these as a factory option to the evos.

I think you may still need to buy senders though .

Defi are imported into the UK by Tein uk.
Nope, the DIN gauges in Evos aren't Defi.
Any Defi gauges you buy will come supplied with senders/sensors.

spo_gen

Advanced Member
Zero7 said:
IMO they look a bit platic, are they designed to fit where the stero is? Liv, I thought you had sold your mota, you keeping it?
Maybe its going in the Ickle black Yaris? :lol: :D

iDrew

Advanced Member
They are an easy solution Livvy, but personally I prefer them to be in easy view like a pod on top of the dash (like I had in my scoob) :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
looked at these the other week, but thought dincs was going to sell some other nice looking gauges, im after an oil temp one

Trung

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
gotta be honest mate, i'm not to keen on those, they look HUGE!!
I'm guessing these gauges are no bigger than 52mm (smallest size you can get).
Any smaller and you'll need a magnifying glass to read the data.

Wootty

Advanced Member
Trung said:
mikegsi said:
gotta be honest mate, i'm not to keen on those, they look HUGE!!
I'm guessing these gauges are no bigger than 52mm (smallest size you can get).
Any smaller and you'll need a magnifying glass to read the data.
Yep - 52mm - cant get any smaller, and they dont look that big in real life. Its a trial fit at the mo as its a tight squeeze in the spare din slot.

Zero7

Advanced Member
So what do these monitor, I'm guessing it is oil temp, oil pressure and water temp, if that is the case then I'm sure you would have to buy seperate sensors.

Is anyone able to confirm this?

NZITR

Advanced Member
Zero7 said:
So what do these monitor, I'm guessing it is oil temp, oil pressure and water temp, if that is the case then I'm sure you would have to buy seperate sensors.

yup

3 gauges = 3 sensors

I've fitted mine in the last week. Quite a lot of effort but well worth it. Mine are defi copies as my budget didn't run to the real thing at this point in time :-(

Zero7

Advanced Member
NZITR said:
Zero7 said:

yup

3 gauges = 3 sensors

I've fitted mine in the last week. Quite a lot of effort but well worth it. Mine are defi copies as my budget didn't run to the real thing at this point in time :-(

Cheers,

did you have to buy the sensors with yours?

Trung

Advanced Member
ALL Defi gauges come with sensors. :!:
When installing water sensor you'll require an additional T-piece to mount the sensor into the radiator hose.
Installing the oil temp and press sensors, you'll require a sandwich plate which fits between the oil filter and the block or alternatively you can plug the oil press sensor into the press switch and oil temp sensor into the sump. The later is the harder method.