Defi Oil pressure gauge problem

TEG R V

Hi my Defi oil pressure gauge has stopped working, the gauge is constantly pointing at between 8 and 10 on the gauge. See the far right gauge below

When I have Looked at the manual that came with the gauges it states:-
"This function reports the wrong wiring and/or disconnected sensors and wires"

So today I have pulled out the front fascia and checked all connections which seem to be fine, I also traced the cable and have found that the pressure sensor cable close to the oil filter appears to be frayed, the bare wire is showing so I assume that this is the issue (I am not quite sure whether its the short cable connecting to the sandwich plate or the 3m cable that connects and goes all way to the gauge as I have not been able to get a good look yet). But I guess my questions are:-

Has anyone else experienced this issue with a defi oil pressure gauage and if so am I on the right lines with my diagnosis?
Can you buy replacement Defi cables? Do I even need to or could I just replace the faulty part of cable?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated

cheers

Carl

flex1984

Advanced Member
hay i dont know whats wrong ith your gauges but i have the same gaues as u

whats the lay out on yours cos i cant work out what my gaues are reading, my far right gauge moves when im using the accelerator but the other two sit at the same level when its up to temp

soz go of topic :roll: but neve seen anyone else with the gauges b4

TEG R V

Not exactly the reply I was hoping for :(

but in answer to your question the left and middle gauges are temp gauges, as far as I can tell the only way to tell which temp is being displayed by each gauge is to pull out the fascia and simply trace the cable to the sensor it is attached to. My Left one is water and middle is Oil but yours may not be the same

Honda-atr

Advanced Member
Hi,

I also had a problem with the Defi oil pressure sender. Only mine didn't give any signal.
When I put the 2 wires together, the needle went to maximum pressure.

You can buy the replacement senders at any Defi dealer, but don't expect them to be cheap.
I've paid about 100 GBP for only the sensor. Here is the link for the sensor

If you need more info PM me :wink:

maxvr6

Advanced Member
I have this problem now carlos did you ever get it sorted? Was it just the frayed wires?