Derestricting but keep kph?

samhalsey

This might sound silly, but is there a way to remove the 180kph limit but keep the speedo/mileage in kilometres?

I've got so used to it running in kph, I also think it adds to the car! I've only hit the limit a couple of times but now I'm thinking of taking it out on track and I like the idea of seeing it go off the clock 😂

Just figured I would ask before I do end up converting it

Cheers! Sam

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
AFAIK all the speed converter does is change the speed limit from kph to mph. I think you need K100 or KPro to remove it fully.

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
You could use an HKS SLD for this. I live in the Netherlands and we use Kph here. Before i saved up the cash for a KPRO i used the HKS SLD unit to get rid of the limiter. You'd have to splice it in to the ecu wiring loom, not too hard to do. I'm afraid of electronics and i managed to install it without burning the car down.

samhalsey

I had a feeling that was the case! Didn't know if anyone knew any little tricks! Thanks though

samhalsey

sabberjoch said:
You could use an HKS SLD for this. I live in the Netherlands and we use Kph here. Before i saved up the cash for a KPRO i used the HKS SLD unit to get rid of the limiter. You'd have to splice it in to the ecu wiring loom, not too hard to do. I'm afraid of electronics and i managed to install it without burning the car down.
Oh brilliant, I'll look into it!

samhalsey

sabberjoch said:
Oh brilliant, I'll look into it!