Detachable face or not

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
Looking to get a double din ASAP, loving the pioneer app one but it doesn't have a detachable face. Sounds silly but I want one that comes off! I know people have mixed thoughts, but I'm trying to figure out what is really best.

Also if I go for a single din, where do I find the housing for one??

dc55_11

Advanced Member
I have a Pioneer 2500bh is that dash kit install going to fit you reckon? Wanna cover up that space badly :D

xhelen06x

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACURA-Radio-Faceplate-DASH-KIT-Install-Single-Double-Din-Stereos-2002-2006-/380449361732?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58948c8f44&vxp=mtr

obviously the facia panel is for left hand drive, you won't need this bit anyway, but the rest fits perfect, has surrounds for single or double din.. happy days...
Thank you :) ... I have a double din already but there's a clip broke so it has to be stuck on and I can't detach it. I'm just being fussy I suppose.

Do any of the cars have the original ones in still? The one I have when it starts up says Honda, is that original or can you set them to do that?

Erm

Advanced Member
Pretty sure the sony XAV-601BT has a detachable double din front and seen videos of that with ways of connecting your smartphone to the headunit.... I've got a Samsung S3 so was looking specifically at the android side, and there's some great 3rd party apps that have the display mirror your smartphone so can run all your smartphone apps and control them via the headunit.

edit: I'm getting one of these as my old faithful MEX-1HD hard drive headunit that cost me £800 about 12 years ago has finally given up on me. I've got a single din "pocket" (shown below - not as nice as some peoples ones that have flip lids on them but I found to be useful storage over the years) that will be going in the bin when I get my double din so if you want that you can have it if you're getting a single din unit.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
People still steal stereo's? I wouldn't let it put you off, because of how the DC5's doube din bolts into the actual dashboard it's impossible to steal, i think.

Plus non-detachable ones look so much more tidy/clean.

Shortstuff

Advanced Member
LiamGTR said:
People still steal stereo's? I wouldn't let it put you off, because of how the DC5's doube din bolts into the actual dashboard it's impossible to steal, i think.

Plus non-detachable ones look so much more tidy/clean.
Yes they do as I had my 206 broken into over a year ago and my stereo stolen

Besides, just because they cannot steal it, doesn't make some doped up thug who needs cash wont smash your windows or force some entry into your car to try and get it out. No doubt ruining your dash whilst they are at it

Mark_teg

Staff member
Looking to get a double din ASAP, loving the pioneer app one but it doesn't have a detachable face. Sounds silly but I want one that comes off! I know people have mixed thoughts, but I'm trying to figure out what is really best.

Also if I go for a single din, where do I find the housing for one??

I have the perfect solution Helen, the pioneer 8400bt :)

It has the app mode function, plays CDs and DVDs, Bluetooth hands free and has a detachable front panel! Here's how mine looks:

And watching Big Bang ;)