Diagnosing Water Leaks

CrouchyM

Hi everyone, ive had 2 water leaks on my teg ever since I bought it mid last year, ive started to document myself diagnosing and rectifying these leaks on my youtube channel if anyone is interested.
I thought this might help anyone who is having trouble find their leak which isn't the common rear light seals and something a bit harder to find.

Here's the first video, I already have to second ready to upload which I will upload next week sometime (spoiler alert, I found the leaks)

https://youtu.be/3zPzI1a3620

Thanks, Max

PART 2 - Integra DC5 Diagnosing Water Leaks - Part 2 https://youtu.be/LOnyN4kGDnU

Part 3 - Integra DC5 Water Leak - Cleaning & stripping the interior https://youtu.be/8apSX5Pd0CM

Part 4 - Fixing the Leaks https://youtu.be/a76P-14Dxeg

CrouchyM

ste01 said:
Bloody hell, there is even click bait on the forum now
How is that click bait? In the next video it‘s diagnosed, didn‘t fancy putting it all in one long ass video.

At least it didn‘t title it something like “MY DC5 IS FLOODED”, that‘s click bait.

ste01

Advanced Member
I do have another reply typed up and ready to upload...but I won't post it until next week sometime ;)

CrouchyM

ste01 said:
I do have another reply typed up and ready to upload...but I won't post it until next week sometime ;)
I would rather you just kept any negative feedback to yourself to be honest. Seems a bit childish but you do you.

ste01

Advanced Member
Just highlighting the problem with using this YouTube style of dragging minimal content out into a lengthy process for views on here.

The whole point of a lot of the sections in the forum are to help people and give information. So why not post it completely so people can get the information they came for? You even have the video ready?!🙄

Even better; just write the usual type of guide post with a few pics in this bit, then promo your YouTube in the general bit.

Imagine you had gone looking for help with your car in one of these sections, and some guy is like "Yeah I know how to fix it, I have made videos, but I won't tell you for a few weeks?"

Just seems like the wrong place to be doing it

CrouchyM

ste01 said:
Just highlighting the problem with using this YouTube style of dragging minimal content out into a lengthy process for views on here.

The whole point of a lot of the sections in the forum are to help people and give information. So why not post it completely so people can get the information they came for? You even have the video ready?!

Even better; just write the usual type of guide post with a few pics in this bit, then promo your YouTube in the general bit.

Imagine you had gone looking for help with your car in one of these sections, and some guy is like "Yeah I know how to fix it, I have made videos, but I won't tell you for a few weeks?"

Just seems like the wrong place to be doing it
Hardly doing it for views on here, I‘m just spacing it out as I don‘t have a lot of free time to upload & I‘m still In the process of resolving it, I‘m hardly ever at home and it doesn‘t take 2 minutes to upload the videos.

I don‘t have time to do the whole massive write up either, it‘s easier for people to see with their own eyes. It‘s much quicker easier to film while I go and make a video.

I‘ll be uploading the other video I have today and adding it to the first post.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
I take it this is the roof gutter strip seam sealant that's hardened and cracked?

Noticed it on mine when imported, kinda dried out and had micro cracks in it, i sealed along the gutter lines and followed down the seams towards the boot seal again using tiger seal after giving it a good clean out.

So far no leaks and hopefully no hidden corrosion issues. The build quality on these is terrible from Honda!

CrouchyM

GIBLETS said:
I take it this is the roof gutter strip seam sealant that's hardened and cracked?

Noticed it on mine when imported, kinda dried out and had micro cracks in it, i sealed along the gutter lines and followed down the seams towards the boot seal again using tiger seal after giving it a good clean out.

So far no leaks and hopefully no hidden corrosion issues. The build quality on these is terrible from Honda!
Yeah, I think it‘s from where my cars been in the sun a lot in Japan, I will be removing the windscreen and tailgate and resealing the whole seam. Then I‘ll be cavity waxing the inside, I agree, the built quality is terrible.

I actually had the same issue in my old EP3, it wasn‘t anywhere near as bad but I used to get a spare wheel well with some water in that. Was the same issue, seam sealer.