Diagnostic scanners

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Never had one and I'm sure only certain ones will work with JDM.

I've found Streetwize OBDII Fault Code Reader at eurocarparts and foxwell at Halfords.

Any recommendations please?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

MikeH89

All cheap ones are limited to how effective they are.

Foxwell is supposed to be half decent, I sell the Streetwize one at work, but the term 'sell' is used loosely, they only work to some extent on some vehicles.

Look for the ones that plug in and connect to your phone, either WiFi or Bluetooth depending on iPhone or Android. The effectiveness of these is governed mostly by the application on the phone in which there is lots of good ones available just check out the App Store or Google Play.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Just get a cheap scanner on Ebay, OBD II. It'll tell you the basics which is all you need to know really. I've used mine a few times and it's been spot on.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

I use ELM 327 which plugs direct into the OBD port and the Torque OBD app on my Android phone to get the readings.

It's worked perfectly for me, once correctly diagnosing an O2 sensor problem.

Regards.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I also have an OBD2 Scanner (well 6 now) as they seem to stop working over time which I don't understand, they link to my head unit so need to see if its that at fault but when it was working I was using the |Torque app and it was really useful and informative.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Thanks for the reply :xgrin:

I wasn't sure if our Jap cars supported OBD2 or JODB. Think i've google searched enough to get confused between the two.

Anyhow I decided to order the ELM 327 pro torque from Amazon today, cost just short of £20 with delivery.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Now using the Torque APP on android with the ELM 327

Got to say for less than £20 all in you really can't complain, does pretty much what i needed it for.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi.

I use ELM 327 which plugs direct into the OBD port and the Torque OBD app on my Android phone to get the readings.

It's worked perfectly for me, once correctly diagnosing an O2 sensor problem.

Regards.
Glad this worked for you mate.

Funny enough the Torque App threw up a 02 sensor problem for me this morning. :xcry:

carl hammond

Advanced Member
CW05TEG said:
Can these 327 obd2 dongles and Torque Pro be used to monitor real time AFR?
Mine couldn‘t on the torque app that I saw and if you want an afr reading for checking things are correctly setup you ideally need a power run on a rolling road as the graph will show the afr throughout the cars complete rev range and give you a print out. Just had to do this for romain to check my cars map

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
No afr. AEM do an afr guage though.
Or kpro if you want permanent solutions.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk