dicksons of dunblane shut down

David Fox

Advanced Member
Martin_DC5 said:
if it were my business i wouldnt be giving test drives willy nilly, i know that myself for one have been to garages bored on a friday to test drive random cars :lol: just my opinion, and that garages shouldn't be judged unless you have actually used them.
So how would you sell cars exactly without giving out those test drives? I don't know many people who have bought a car without test driving it (unless they have ordered it from new), some import dealers think that they can make a sale without you driving it - as Dicksons tried with me and the one in Keighley. Buying a car with service history that you can't understand is bad enough! A test drive is essential to buying a car - I have walked away from cars I wanted to buy AFTER the test drive.

Like you Martin, I too have gone round the garages test driving out of boredom - and then I bought one of them! And I had the best test drive ever, the garage let me keep the car overnight!

I think the problem with Dicksons (from what I remember when I went up there) was that the DC5's were overpriced. Granted the cars were of high auction grades, but other companies like 200bhp cars sell a lot cheaper.

vkcs20

Advanced Member
Let alone the test drives. Its the fact that they put you down and make you feel like you're some ignorant animal, when you start asking questions which they don't happen to have the answers for, which is frustrating.

When I buy a car I want to know the whole history of the car (how many owners, auction grade, when and where imported etc) and I want proof of all the information. I'm not gona buy a car only because the dealer tells me its in "excellent condition"...

StuMcGrath

Advanced Member
they told me then I asked for the keys to see in/around a couple of the cars and what spec they were, I was told "why? they are all just standard DC5's?"

even though I spotted atleast 2 of them were lowered and had aftermarket exhausts on them and one had an aftermarket steering wheel?

just didn't get the feeling that he was intrested in selling me a car? so I took my money else where and got a better car at a cheaper price from andy at 200bhpcars.

K20AFD

They are not as bad as some people are making out, yes i do believe they had problems in the past with one of there salesman but he is no longer there, yes there cars are over priced but you will find that your trade in car will be over priced also so much the same as else where.
If anyone is looking for a car from them ask for Nicky as he is better to deal with than his old man.

Murspo

I'm inclined to agree with big bear.. I bought my DC5 from nicky, trade in price was not bad. My DC5 is in good condtion, maybe there after sales could be a bit better.

BillyMcc

Advanced Member
I went to Niki dickson in perth and got a GOLD service!

Dont let the previous buisness tarnish the new one run by Niki!

Previous buisness was ruined by one salesman!

Dicksons in dunblane has been closed for ages.

George K

Advanced Member
I bought from Dicksons and both Norman and Niki were polite and helpful thorughout. the car was absolutely spotless.

markie

Advanced Member
I bought my fd2 from them last month and picked it up last weekend and i cant really fault them.they were polite only thing i could fault them for was my car had been polished and there was dried in polish left on some of the panels.

GAZ777

Advanced Member
I must admit I got a really good service from them, they stayed open later just to let me come and view the car let alone buy it ! Also gave me a test drive even tho the car was behind 6 other cars lol

It was not norman that helped me look over the car tho so im assumin it was Niki !

Only fault I can say was from Norman, when he called me an idiot and stupid just because I was going to look at another DC5 but it didnt have a grade sheet with it, good customer service there ! Didnt buy from them anyway as they were far to exspensive, they wanted £12,999 for a 51 plate :shock:

The search continues for me ideal Teg.....Im picky lol