Different Exhaust Pics Please....

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Hi, my current exhaust HKS Hi-Power hangs very low, and has been known to scrape on my drive when going on/off off it.

I have now taken some pics underneath so you can see what i mean.

What i would like if anyone could be bothered, is if anyone with a different exhaust (Buddy Club, DC Sports, Spoon etc...) could take pictures of their car underneath so i can compare how low they hang.

Im probably going to need a new exhaust that doesnt rub, and i dont want to buy another only to find its exactly the same!!

Wierd Dong ---

Hanging low ---

I know its a pain crawling round on the floor to take pics, but if anyone could do so for me it would be a great help.

Thanks guys!!

sh33n

Advanced Member
My Fujitsubo hangs pretty low as well, namely I've managed to crack it. I'll take some piccies after work.

I've just bought a HKS system, so don't tell me bad things, lol :D

mikegsi

Staff member
i would appreciate any pics as well as i suffer the same probs with my hks, having spoon progressives hasnt helped either

i keep meaning to see if the oem b pipe ould go back in its place and just keeping the hks back box?

wide_mouth_frog

I too had to go back to stock as i was peed off going 2 mph over humps and bumps and it still scraping!

eibachs prob dont help though : :oops:

AdrianK

Advanced Member
mines lowered aswell on D2 coilovers. Im just waiting and hoping that some people will bother to get under their cars and take some pics for me!!

sh33n

Advanced Member

Poor images, sorry couldn't find the cable for the proper digi cam.

You kind of get the idea though.

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Yeah quite similar to mine, might be slightly higher tho.

Thanks for the pics, anymore guys??

AdrianK

Advanced Member
it wasnt undersealed by the previous owner, but its meant to be done now...

It was done about a month ago, i have the reciept from it being done, and it was done as a condition of me buying it.

Does it look like it has still not been done? I am told that it was waxoyld it over? You got me worried now :-(

pudski

Advanced Member
AdrianK said:
it wasnt undersealed by the previous owner, but its meant to be done now...

It was done about a month ago, i have the reciept from it being done, and it was done as a condition of me buying it.

Does it look like it has still not been done? I am told that it was waxoyld it over? You got me worried now :-(
Looks like its been done with the clear waxoyl :wink:

dobber

Advanced Member
Yes it had been done :!: :roll:

I was there when it was done and sufferes the smell of it for 4 days after too.

mikegsi

Staff member
now with a name like that it must be LOUD!!!!!!

looks mint too! :D

but how low does it hang under the car adn how loud is it?

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
I have the HKS hi power too......but I like it so I'll just put up with driving slowly (and slightly off center) over speed humps.

Not much choice though - have spoon progressivs on too - a touch low :lol:

AdrianK

Advanced Member
Welsh-Rich said:
I have the HKS hi power too......but I like it so I'll just put up with driving slowly (and slightly off center) over speed humps.

do you not find the HKS a tad quiet, after hearing DC5TU spoon N1 im not sure i could live with a car that loud, but i do find the HKS too quiet, a happy medium on volume that sits a bit higher would be nice!!!

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
AdrianK said:
Welsh-Rich said:

do you not find the HKS a tad quiet, after hearing DC5TU spoon N1 im not sure i could live with a car that loud, but i do find the HKS too quiet, a happy medium on volume that sits a bit higher would be nice!!!
Mine is comined with a Toda Mani, so it's not too quiet at all - but it's no where near the level of the Spoon. Stu has the Toda mani too iirc, so that Spoon will sounds really loud compared to just the back box/cat back option.

Are you looking for a Cat back or just back box with a bit of nice noise? If you are thinking of going the manifold route I'd seriously consider keepingthe HKS - you are more than welcome to have a listen to mine, I'm local to Berkshire :D

AdrianK

Advanced Member
that sounds good, yeah stu's had the toda manifold aswell and i realised that will make a difference but unsure how much.

I was looking for a CAT Back system, but if a toda mani will brighten up the noise a bit maybe i could live with what i have and get that! Would the manifold not cause fueling issues tho from what i have read?

But yeah a listen sometime to compare the difference between std mani and toda would be great.