Dipped beam passenger side out!

dave7368

Advanced Member
no idea how much but the dipped beam are D2R bulbs..

maybe the ballast though?

ladykb

Advanced Member
thanks I've posted this in the wrong forum sorry about that did through TapTalk. anyone recommend where i can purchase and i want to make sure its the super bright

Erm

Advanced Member
You'd need to check if its definitely the bulb as might be the ballast. Easiest way to check is swap bulbs from each side to make sure as d2r bulbs can be expensive if you go for branded ones rather than ebay specials. If it is the bulb I'd change both at the same time too personally so they match colour and light output.

ladykb

Advanced Member
So as I didn't have time to wait took bulb out totally shattered so deffo the bulb!

Went to Halfords yes I know bad idea! I'm
£59.99 down and have mismatching COLOUR!

I think they gave me standard 4000k do I need 6000 or 8000 I think I'll buy a pair off internet any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Phillips D2R bulbs are the standard ones. 6k will give a white glow with a light blue tinge.

eBay would be your best bet.

Adam

ladykb

Advanced Member
Ok great thanks my ones before had a brilliant bright with an ever so slight blue tinge so I think they must of been the 6000k would it be written on the bulb? I'll double check when I get home.

I'm gunna try my luck for a refund on the Halfords one due to it not being right, don't fancy my chances mind

dave7368

Advanced Member
i'm sure they are as DC5 has HID lights factory fitted..
but if not, they're as legal as having no cat, no rear fog light or a small sticky front plate hehe

Erm

Advanced Member
6000k are legal yes

IMO 6000k are the best colour/light output combination

ladykb

Advanced Member
So my feminine charm worked, Halfords manager not only refunded my £59.99 he also said drive with this one in until your new online ones arrive and then come back and I'll switch them over!