DISASTER! Help plz!!

Tarmac

Advanced Member
Well there I was this evening fitting the front Cusco anti-roll bar and I couldn't crack one of the spring nuts on the left branch of the decat pipe joining the manifold. So, I asked my mate who happens to be a monster-sized rugby player to crack it for me. He cracked it alright - right in two :xcry: :xcry: :xcry:

I am supposed to be competing in a big drag racing event this Sunday and need to source a replacement bolt ASAP. I know that our Honda service departments are totally USELESS over here when it comes to the DC5, so I'm wondering if any of you guys can suggest a good company that you know of that could courier the part over night to me at whatever cost. Or for that matter, if you know of any other Honda that this part is the same in that I might be able to source from a scrapyard tomorrow or Saturday.

Here is a pic of the little swine:

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated!

type-r-dunk

Advanced Member
I think you will find they are the same as the bolts that hold the back box on. Use one of those and then use a long bolt large washes and lock nut to refit he back box.
If you get stuck PM me the size as a think i have one you could have.
Your Honda dealer should be able to get one as they use them on all iVTEC engines and nearlly every exhaust in the Honda range.

Dunx

dobber

Advanced Member
Its a standard honda part, no different from the EP3. Take it to you local Honda dealer and they'll pick one off the shelf for you.

Tarmac

Advanced Member
thanks all - as some said, it was the exact same as the EP3 one. one of the lads sourced me one and it's getting fitted today.

thanks for the help gents!

tar.