Discs and pads front and rear?

Shaun dc5

Best place to get discs and pads for the teg I've got mega wheel wobble when brakes get hot thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ijlh

Advanced Member
You've got three options for discs basically

Genuine Honda from Cox Motor Parts

Blueprint OE quality online from various places, have a search on here and you'll find the part numbers.

Or MTEC, who do drilled and grooved etc

As for pads, it's entirely what you use your car for. Tegiwa, Area Motorsport, EBC all do pads of varying qualities for whatever you want.

Also Eurocarparts show the correct rear pads if you put your reg in. But other than the rear pads, everything on there is wrong for the DC5.

Chewy

Advanced Member
This week only Area motorsport are doing an offer on PBS pads, buy a set of front pads and get a set of rears free!

Check out their facebook page for details.

Rage_DC5

Advanced Member
Here are the blueprint part numbers - should you want an OE aftermarket alternative -

Front Brake Pads - ADH24270

Rear Brake Pads - ADH24250

Front Brake Disc -
Rear Brake Disc - ADH243118

Ross

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
PBS pads are good if they are over their delamination issue which I've heard they are.

If you are getting disc wobble then you've been using a pad not suited to your driving. I'll take a wild guess at DS2500?

Shaun dc5

I did a 20 Minute session at japfest 2 laps in I got major wobble the pads were fitted when I got the car type s ones apparently gold in colour

Tiffjordan360

I have gold backed pads also. But I believe mine are Dixcel. (In it when i bought it but i have the box and receipts)
Very good when cold but have started to get wobble when I drive it hard. Going to strip the and clean the calipers next week.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
It's nothing to do with brands, but pads in general that seem to get recommended on forums (even by those who don't run them) aren't as good as the internet makes out, especially with moderate use or track work.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Just done all 4 on mine, go to cox motorsport there service was brilliant and not overly expensive

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
If you are getting disc wobble then you've been using a pad not suited to your driving. I'll take a wild guess at DS2500?
Can you explain that?
Im running DS2500. They are not fading (im running the touge atmost) but they feel like OEM, regaring the bite and presure point.

Wouldnt buy them again..

Midnight

Advanced Member
DS2500 are mostly hype. They are advertised as a fast road / short track pad however in the real world they are more similar to OEM. DS3000 remind me of the old EBC redstuff, basically feel like your trying to brake with house bricks, awful!

If you're heavy on the brakes ideally a more focused compound would be suited. However with more focused pads you tend to either go through discs a bit quicker, initial bite isn't a great (until warm) and a fair few are really really dusty and bake onto wheels.

That being said, brakes are a pretty vital part of the car and should always be suited to A) driving style B) usage.

Tuneboy

Advanced Member
I had HAWK HT10 on my E46 m3 and they were awesome, crazy clod-bit and even aggressier if hot. However, they squeaked like a train :)

I think i will try pagid next. I was blinded by tegiwas advertisements lol

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Tuneboy said:
Can you explain that?
Im running DS2500. They are not fading (im running the touge atmost) but they feel like OEM, regaring the bite and presure point.

Wouldnt buy them again..
They unevenly transfer deposits on the discs as they break down when hot. One of the most overrated pads on forums.

I've spent thousands on pads over the years. RS29 are the best I've tried and I won't be trying another.