Dissapointing dyno result?

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Had the car on the dyno on saturday,slightley annoyed,the figure wasn't higher. :xconfused:

Full DC Sports system,Gruppe M.

Thoughts?

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Only 6 bhp off standard figures.

Could just be dirty k&n in your gruppem or simply less dense hot air. What the age of the motor mileage wise and last oil change?

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
coyote_dc5 said:
What the age of the motor mileage wise and last oil change?
Mileage at 58k,oil is changed every 4k. Castrol sport 10W-60.

I didn't reset,the ECU,when I put the DC system on,or the GM. :oops: Could that be an issue?

Chris-DC5

Advanced Member
not a bad figure,

a dyno is only a tuning tool, you could go to a different one and see 225bhp.

Hoodster

Advanced Member
Saturday was quite a warm day you could go on the same dyno in colder weather and make 10bhp more.

KierAn20

I used the same dyno as you for my runs a couple of weeks ago. My 'before Kpro' run showed 222bhp BUT this is with the RBC fitted and must admit, it was a cold saturday morning.

It's also worth noting that Romain told me before we started that the dyno will read low compared to alot of other dynos - not sure if he says that to everyone to make them feel better in case their car gives a low figure though!

Once you have your RBC and Kpro fitted, we will have very similar mods. So I guess you'll be looking at approaching 240bhp also :)

Apparently the RBC works incredibly well in conjunction with the DC header, something to do with the length of the pipes.

The most interesting (and relieving) part for me was when he showed me that even though I had the GruppeM, the DC header/decat and the RBC. The car wasnt running lean anywhere in the rev range :-k

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Looking at your graph it would appear you're engine is running out of puff a bit early tbh.
I'd clean the air filter and change the oil to something a bit thinner.

phozy888

Advanced Member
i'd go with silkolene pro s 5-30 - less drag on the engine and the correct viscosity.

dave c

400hp K20
Regarding your results, they are nowt to be worried about, important thing is how it runs on the road and how it feels.

With BuddyClub pro spec, DC sports mani and stock air filter i got 214hp
With Mugen Twinloop, DC sports mani and stock air filter i got 207hp
With Mugen Twinloop, DC sports mani and stock air filter plus Fusion Remap I got 227hp

I think if you get a cleaning kit from k&n, give the filter a rinse and refit then run again you will see an improvement, Interesting comments about the oil, might be worth a try as well but tbh i would stick wiht the TGM castrol edge 10W60 spesh :D Good enough for TGM its good enough for me ;)

dave c

400hp K20
VT-Doo said:
Looking at your graph it would appear you're engine is running out of puff a bit early tbh..
yeah looks like the engine has had its party by 7500K, when you get it mapped you should be able to sort that out too. :)

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
It's not really an option to change the oil,as it's pretty fresh. I will try silkolene at my next change,but that will be after the remap,so wont prove a thing. #-o

I will have a look at the filter on the weekend.

Thanks for the advice guys. 8)

Armenomania

Advanced Member
Guys, am i missing something? Why it says 211 BHP when the stock engine comes 220ps? or is it the Wheel HP(but it says flywheel HP :? )?

chalkie said:
dc5ian said:
nothing wrong with that mate..
Gruppe M and DC Sports Full System,should see an improvement?,Surley? :|
dc5ian said:
without a remap not really..
Dude, you must see a big improvement alone with one CAI only. recently i have installed my Buddyclub spec III pro exhaust and notice big difference than before when i had only AEM CAI.

chalkie said:
coyote_dc5 said:
What the age of the motor mileage wise and last oil change?
Mileage at 58k,oil is changed every 4k. Castrol sport 10W-60.
First of all bro, i have been told from lots of mechanics that the engine oil for the dc5 plays a very important role,as these engines are very sensitive to the oil.

I used to put HONDA 5W-40 engine oil from local Honda factory. was paying 18EUR+15% V.A.T per 1L. it would cost me EUR 120 for 6L oil. I have been told to change the oil every 2500-3000 KM.
a week ago i put Liqui Moly 0W-40 OIL which is very good for variable time control engines (V-tec,Mivec,VVTi) and to be honest, i see a lot difference when Vtec kiks in. The mechanic selling the Liqui Moly said i must change it every 10 000 KM because its a sport OIL :eek:

I got a dyno chart of my car when it just came from Japan and had Nothing on it...
Here is the link to Xmotorsport's website (one of the most famous tuners in Cyprus who cooperates with Trial Tuning Spirit in Japan) where my car was taken to Dyno. Pay attention it says most powerful stock DC5..the car makes 204.11 Wheel Hp as stock.
The link :
http://www.xm-parts.com/media/dynojul05/dynojul05.htm
Pic follows
Can anyone give an explanation to this?

fonz600

Advanced Member
VT-Doo said:
Looking at your graph it would appear you're engine is running out of puff a bit early tbh.
I'd clean the air filter and change the oil to something a bit thinner.

I'd agree with this. Most peak around 8k for power then taper off.

As an example only. I made 210BHP on a stock DC5. Making 217BHP(quoted manufacturer figure) is unlikely without 100RON.

I did have a GruppeM that was quite clogged on my first DC5 and lost almost 10BHP. I just bought a K&N filter cleaning kit and stripped down the GruppeM and gave the filter a good clean and it was like fitting a new performance part when I refitted it as could actually feel the difference. (cliched I know as unless you get big gains it's hard to really FEEL the difference)

MattDC5

Advanced Member
Touch low maybe. As a guide my old dc5 made 235bhp on that dyno with gm, rbc, spoon mani, twinloop and kpro.

dave7368

Advanced Member
[/quote]

I got a dyno chart of my car when it just came from Japan and had Nothing on it...
Here is the link to Xmotorsport's website (one of the most famous tuners in Cyprus who cooperates with Trial Tuning Spirit in Japan) where my car was taken to Dyno. Pay attention it says most powerful stock DC5..the car makes 204.11 Wheel Hp as stock.
The link :
http://www.xm-parts.com/media/dynojul05/dynojul05.htm
Pic follows
Can anyone give an explanation to this?[/quote]

all very well, but no gaurantees it would make that power on eruospecs dyno.... they all read a bit different in my experience..