Dixcel discs and ferrodo pads - squeaking like mad!!

wantadc5

Advanced Member
Hello guys,

i had my front brake setup changed about 2500 miles and 4 months ago, and lately as in the last 1000 miles it has been squeaking like crazy!!

Any solutions? It feels as though it still stops fine, although a couple of times ABS has kicked in, and the brakes didn't overly confident for some reason.....brake fliuds and grease make a difference?

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Could be possible that they have glazed over. That happened to my standard pads a while ago, and they squeaked really loudly at slow speeds.
I was told to take it for a fast drive with lots of heavy braking to remove the glazing, which worked and they haven't squeaked since. Could be worth a try?

wantadc5

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
Could be possible that they have glazed over. That happened to my standard pads a while ago, and they squeaked really loudly at slow speeds.
I was told to take it for a fast drive with lots of heavy braking to remove the glazing, which worked and they haven't squeaked since. Could be worth a try?
sorted mate, did a couple of trial emergenc stops and they've gone!!! =D>

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
you really should match the disc and pads...............otherwise they just wont work all that well.

Dixcelbrake

Advanced Member
No they won‘t, Dixcel disk are designed for Carbon compound pads only, they don‘t like Steel based pads.

wantadc5

Advanced Member
Dixcelbrake said:
No they won‘t, Dixcel disk are designed for Carbon compound pads only, they don‘t like Steel based pads.
hmm, so what pads should I go for then with my dixcel discs?