DIY Alignment

j30l

Advanced Member
As ive not payed anyone to put a spanner or laptop to my car. I had a look around the internet for DIY wheel alignment and found these.

DIY Alignment Part 1

DIY Alignment Part 2

DIY Alignment Part 3

So after watching them a couple of time, me and a couple of friends got to work last night. It did take us about 4/5 hours. But to say this was our first attempt doing it this way, i dont think that was bad at all.

Once you get your head around how to do it, it really is easy and makes sense. Saving alot of money at the same time! 8)

picture from this morning (sorry about the camera phone)

logik

Advanced Member
Nice one, how long you think it would take you second time around now that you know how it works?

j30l

Advanced Member
At a guess from 1 and a half to 3 hours.

IMO it feels better when you do something yourself. So even if it takes twice as long to do it this way rather than a KDS machine its worth it.

Joel

tedg

Advanced Member
yup good vid - but with that redneck accent sounds like he wants to do alinement on a combine or tractor

j30l

Advanced Member
Me and my friends have done this to our cars before we went to the ring. They went in a straight line and cornered amazingly, even in the wet. So if you have the knowledge/bottle to do this then i would say go for it.

its all about saving money 8)

thanks joel

harimakenji

A very good find! I've been putting off wheel alignment for a while now, put in coilovers but still haven't got alignment checked yet.
I'm gonna do this for sure.

Thanks alot for sharing! :xcheers: