DIY Aux In

ilbumble

Hey Guys,

Just got my first DC5 and have this Gathers double DIN JDM OEM unit. Is there anyone who has any idea if I can find some kind of aux-in adapter for it?

I'd like to keep it original, but can't for the life of me find any manuals or info anywhere for this model.

Attachments

DC5RS

DC5
you should be better buying another radio. Its not up to 2014 specs, you can buy an fm transmitter which is the best add-on for that particular radio. Nothing much you can do

ilbumble

Yeah, I'm looking at an alpine ICS-X7 but if those ports in the back are accessory ports and I can fabricate some type of aux adapter I'd be just as happy. I take pride in keeping it stock like that.

Russty

In the same situation as you mate . Got a touch screen gathers headunit , got an mp3 function on the menu but cant find any ports on it for aux :(

JezW

Advanced Member
Hi Bumble,

The ports on the back are power (right), loom (middle) and antenna input (left) so there's no auxiliary in on that unit. But if you really want to try...

1. FM wireless transmitter - the sound quality is never going to be that good.
2. FM modulator - I've never used one, but it might be just what you're looking for.

Here's an example of an FM modulator - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/181147861855?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95&ff19=0

Let us know if you go for a modulator, I'd be interested in the results. Worth a punt at £20 if you're not bothered about any other features and simply want an aux in. You might also be able to find one cheaper elsewhere.