DIY earth kit now with working pics

PalfyR

Advanced Member
Hi folks was thinking about buying a red earth kit to improve the earthing on my car and to add some colour to my engine bay! After looking the net for some time and not really finding what I was looking for I decided to make my own ;-)

To start off I measured the wire lengths required to reach all the fixing points and the battery! Once that was done I set to soldering all the wires together and adding the crimps

Once the two looms where finished off with some black heat shrink I fitted them to the car

Was really pleased with how it turned out looks good on the car and only took me 90mins from start to finish ;-)

PalfyR

Advanced Member
I'm new to posting photos thought I'd done it right copying the link? Think I've missed a dash after the word image in each link don't know how to edit it :-(

salsaboy

Advanced Member
hi bud i'm keen to no why so many earth wires? the reason i ask is my battery has 2 thick plus a small lead on the negative lug ..to me this looks ugly..why so many earth wires?
not sure there they for a reason..

Mike K-g

Rausner

What's the point of an earth kit in the first place? Are there any actual benefits of installing one?

PalfyR

Advanced Member
It's increase my bhp by fifteen ponies ;-) . Just adds abit of bling in the engine bay and gives better earthing to the car! Noticed my windows go up and down abit faster.

kazmo

Advanced Member
adds bling? no, it clutters the engine bay imo, and does it really do any good..........

wlizhi

Advanced Member
Not sure will really made any diffident, i had raizin voltage stabilizer with full set earth kit on DC2 before and cant feel change :(

but like the DYI spirit xthumbup