Do anyone elses rear lights look like this??

davidpingu

Advanced Member
As per title!

It appears I have an extra bulb so that the section of the light that wraps around the side also illuminates. Always thought this was normal til Markteg pointed out to me yesterday that mine are different to his. Not sure if its just something a previous owner has decided to do but seems like a lot of effort for such a minor detail!

A shot of the extra bulb from the inside. THe bulb in question being the one with the black and white wires going to it, far left:

:xconfused:

TypeGRRR

Advanced Member
They look like they were destined for the US market, they're probably from an Acura RSX.

jambo

Advanced Member
Mine has the holder but there not connected. It's just a side marker, a lot of cars have them

wj51fut

Advanced Member
USDM Dave. RSX models have it. Have wondered about doing this to mine.

Dotty- Thought you said you weren't much of an electrician?!

dotty

Advanced Member
I'm sure I can manage to remove a bulb if required. It's wiring I don't get on with ;)

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi all.

This is a really interesting topic. Not wishing to cause alarm, but in England its an offence to show a red light to the front and a white light to the rear, unless its for reversing.

Emergency vehicles are exempt. So is it an offence to show a red light to the side. Having seen this and trying to read up on it, would it also be an offence for a side indicator light to be white.

I,m a bit of a nerd when it comes to traffic law. It,s that complicated i think that's why i find it interesting. Sick in't it. I used to be an HGV driver and coming into contact with the law was common place. I think it's that that started it all off.

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Regards. Granty.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
So I think what we are saying is that the combination of my USDM rear lights and overly blue HIDs make my car one big traffic violation. Maybe I'll remove the front plate for a complete "middle finger to the law" image lol.

All of these things I inherited with the car. Its only recently I realised my HIDs werent original. Never been pulled for them though and have driven behind stacks of police including highways officers. To me though they look no different to xenon in colour which come standard on many cars so it seems as though they arent certain enough to pull me over. Have also passed an MOT with them no problem.

I could remove the rear bulbs but im quite fond of them. Part of an unknown history of the car.

Thanks for confirming though :)

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Granty1056 said:
Hi all.

This is a really interesting topic. Not wishing to cause alarm, but in England its an offence to show a red light to the front and a white light to the rear, unless its for reversing.

Emergency vehicles are exempt. So is it an offence to show a red light to the side. Having seen this and trying to read up on it, would it also be an offence for a side indicator light to be white.

I,m a bit of a nerd when it comes to traffic law. It,s that complicated i think that's why i find it interesting. Sick in't it. I used to be an HGV driver and coming into contact with the law was common place. I think it's that that started it all off.

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Regards. Granty.
PS. David. Iv'e checked. My rear lights are'nt like those but I still think the ones in the pics look great. If they work in the States there can't be much wrong with em.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi David.

Don't middle finger the law please. Well don't let em see that you're fingering them. You have enough on your plate with them very nice, but unusual lights. :xhaha2: