Do I need a map?

Stylesa

Advanced Member
I bought DC5 a couple of weeks ago and have already ordered BC Pro Spec and AEM V2, next step will be inlet and exhaust manifold.... do i need to get it remapped when i get an exhaust manifold?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Stylesa said:
I bought DC5 a couple of weeks ago and have already ordered BC Pro Spec and AEM V2, next step will be inlet and exhaust manifold.... do i need to get it remapped when i get an exhaust manifold?
You'll need to get a Hondata KPro before you can map anything....

You risk running lean if you dont

Stylesa

Advanced Member
cheers. just that im way up in aberdeen and just trying to plan out taking the long trip down to tdi to get it mapped...

Does the kpro come with set maps that i could run it on rather than going down the road? plan to get cams by the end of summer, providing i can save up the ££££'s, and would be going down to get it mapped then...would rather not go down twice (dont want to add miles to the clock).... but if i have to, i would just do it...any advice is much appreciated...

rodney

Advanced Member
From what I can gather, the car's run fairly rich so even with a hefty induction kit like the GruppeM, exhaust and race header you will be just safe. Some cars are leaner than others by nature so this might not apply but mine is fairly rich at the top end so I think i'll be ok.

If then adding RBC and any other mods then KPRO is definately required.

Someone do say if i'm talking pish, i've heard of people staying under 6k whilst with GM exhaust & RH but IMO it's fine!

VT-Doo

RushDoo
If you get the K-Pro before all the other parts I'll map it so it's fast yet safe. Then you can go down to TDI North when you're ready.

PM me for further datails.

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Cheers, will take you up on that offer...

Now all i've got to do is get a hold of a kpro...best place to get one? they appear on here and get sold instantly...

what should i be looking to pay for a second hand one?