Do The DC5's tend to make quoted power on the rollers?

mardon

I have read in a couple of places that the standard teg struggles to make the book figure of 220bhp (Calculated @ the fly) on the rollers? Is this true?

I'm still trying to figure out how the new Jap CTR can do such a rapid 0-60 with only 10bhp more power and more weight (is it?) :?:

Ezza

Advanced Member
The DC5 doesnt actualli make 220bhp as the fuel ron in the UK isnt as high as those in Japan!

mardon

That’s true. I'll be running mine on V-power. It wont cause any damage over time will it or does the ECU adjust accordingly?

ReKo

Advanced Member
Not sure about the DC5 bhp but I do know that the FD2 has shorter gearing in 1st to 3rd (like the FN2) so that help could explain the 0-60.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
mine made 242bhp on the rollers :D

I think the book figure is 220ps which is 217bhp :wink:

celox performance

Advanced Member
mardon said:
That’s true. I'll be running mine on V-power. It wont cause any damage over time will it or does the ECU adjust accordingly?
No it won't do any damage at all and your engine will thank you for it :wink:

LeeWestwood

I thought the book BHP was 216bhp? according to gran turismo 4 anyway lol!!.

Beware though cos all rollers seem to give you bit higher than expected figures so your impressed, go tell your mates, and they book a day at the rollers, thus keeping them in business!!

sinbad

Advanced Member
LeeWestwood said:
I thought the book BHP was 216bhp? according to gran turismo 4 anyway lol!!.

Mine ran a 222bhp at the weekend with hondata airbox mod and K&N drop in which is not far off standard spec. Beware though cos all rollers seem to give you bit higher than expected figures so your impressed, go tell your mates, and they book a day at the rollers, thus keeping them in business!!
If you buy a brand new car in GT4 and then give it an oil change, the bhp suddenly goes up a few bhp. thats without you even driving it!!

mardon

My Gti made a pretty strange figure on the rollers at the fly. The Wheel figure seemed about right. I think it could also be down to the way the dino calculates they fly wheel figure. Good point about keeping you happy to get more custom.

Didn't no the 220 was 'ps' rather than BHP. Learn something new everyday.

Cheers for the info on the gear ratio's also wasn't aware of that.

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Mine made 215.2bhp - (the point 2 is very important) - on the rollers last weekend. With Mugen airbox and Twin loop.

Thought that not too bad given its a 6 year old car, running a lower octane fuel. :)

Foxy red

Advanced Member
Decklogic1 said:
Mine made 215.2bhp - (the point 2 is very important) - on the rollers last weekend. With Mugen airbox and Twin loop.

Thought that not too bad given its a 6 year old car, running a lower octane fuel. :)
Would I have similar stats considering mine is also 6 years old, but has a GruppeM and HKS exhaust :?:

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Mine recently ran 200 bhp at the wheel, not standard, but again not bad for a 6 year old car :shock:

mardon

I can't imagine a well cared for car is gonna loose much power over 6 years. Mine is 8 years old and still pushing well above its weight class :D