Do you actually like your cars.

robert_raw

I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now as i was planning on saving up for a DC5.

The general gist i get from owners posting here is that not many of you like or enjoy your cars. I have seen plenty of vids on the net of these cars racing against other hot hatches and they always perform fantastically and look the business.

I am now considering my other options, DC2 or an ATR maybe?

So, please, Am i wasting my time looking at DC5s?

Evs

Advanced Member
Looks are a personal thing and tbh none of us really cares about 'racing against other hot hatches'... :? They're OK but nothing to write home about considering the cost and hassle really.

ATRs and DC2s are both excellent IME - just depends how raw or refined you want. ATRs in particular seem to be very good value atm.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Just because no one writes about street races (as dictaded by the rules) doens't mean to say no one does.

IMO there's no harm in a quick blast on an empty road but posting it on forums can give a detremental look on said forum, hence the administators choise on here not to allow them.

If you log onto www.type-r.org they have a section for street racing if that is what's bothering you.

As for which car, well if you want a track focused car the the DC2 would be your best choise, if you want practicality and a big car then it's the ATR and if you want something in between then it's the DC5.

Also depends how big you wallet is :wink:

Evs

Advanced Member
OK I'll apologise for my sweeping generalisation and rephrase it: 'most of us don't really care about racing other hot hatches'

That better? :p

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Evs said:
OK I'll apologise for my sweeping generalisation and rephrase it: 'most of us don't really care about racing other hot hatches'

That better? :p
:lol: :lol:

Wasn't having a go at you mate :p

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Do you think we'd all be here posting on the DC5 site, talking about the cars and still own them if we didn't like or enjoy the car?

Saying that - I do love the ATR's 8) :lol:

robert_raw

well, people posting comments such as "Don't get a DC5, they are shite" sort of indicates to me that yes, some people would still post on here.

g-zone

Advanced Member
It's all said with tongue firmly in cheek though! The DC5 is a rare car and we intend to keep it that way.

The last thing we'd want is for the DC5 to become a chav mobile - like the Civic. :wink:

gregb

Advanced Member
there is a few accord euro r`s in ireland now at good prices.
i seen one in the flesh and they are quite nice imo.
rarer than dc5`s at present

nice alterative and a good price.
Make: Honda Model: Accord euro r Engine: 2.2 Petrol Bodytype: Saloon Transmission: Manual Price: €15,500 Year: 2000 Colour: Silver Location: Icetronix
Unit 107 Bridges Ind Est Red Cow, Naas Road, Dublin 22
Tel: 01 411 1577
Email: rob@icetronix.com Comments: Grade 4 - Excellent condition Stunning in Platinum Silver metallic 2.2 Dohc VTEC (Red top engine) Twin Airbags + ABS Full Recaro interior including Recaro back seats Full Mugen manifold and exhaust system Jun Cams Greddy super Airflow controller Sports suspension system Full Lip kit + Mugen rear spoiler Jewel M3 style rear clusters Honda HiD Headlights Euro R Spec bottom Foglights Gathers Audio system Low mileage - 95K kms 240 BHP Japanese Market Euro R Accord now available Stock: This Honda Accord was confirmed to be in stock Wednesday, 2 August 2006 Get an insurance quote for this vehicle

Erm

Advanced Member
i kinda think us saying they are shit is to keep the exclsivity of them as everyone and his dog wants them now :D

robert_raw

Oh right, fair enough. I am gonna tall all my chav mates to buy one now. lol joke.

To be fair, i have never seen a chav driving a DC2 and they are starting to enter the "Chavband" (price band for chavs)

That accord looks nice, don't think i have ever seen one of them

tedg

Advanced Member
robert_raw said:
The general gist i get from owners posting here is that not many of you like or enjoy your cars..........

So, please, Am i wasting my time looking at DC5s?
Mine really is quite a miserable drive. The most irritating bit is on clear roads where the engine has an annoying habit of howling up to the rev limiter through the gears and I have to go around the traffic, and then to top it all off is the firm turn-in on glorious sweeping bends…… such a downer :lol:

It looks like we were a bit too successful with our greedy ‘don’t buy a ‘teg’ posts. We have to learn the sharing lesson. 8)

robert_raw

it is obvious that some posts are taking the piss, but when you also speak to DC2 owners who also say the DC5 is crap, then it makes you wonder.

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
robert_raw said:
it is obvious that some posts are taking the piss, but when you also speak to DC2 owners who also say the DC5 is crap, then it makes you wonder.
With us it's to stop people making the car common.

With the DC2 lot it's jealousy :wink: :lol:

However, a lot fo DC2 owners like the 'hardcore' feel of the DC2, and are not too keen on the (slightly) watered down version of the big brother.

I still think it's jealousy :lol:

robert_raw

Welsh-Rich said:
With us it's to stop people making the car common.
Ah, fair enough.

To be honest, i have only ever seen 1 on the road, and at the time i didn't really have a clue what it was.

The DC5's do have alot of respect, and being a Honda owner looking to upgrade to a DC5 I can appreciate the beauty of cars (rather than how fast it goes in a straight line)