Do you actually like your cars.

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
robert_raw said:
Welsh-Rich said:
With us it's to stop people making the car common.
Ah, fair enough.

To be honest, i have only ever seen 1 on the road, and at the time i didn't really have a clue what it was.

The DC5's do have alot of respect, and being a Honda owner looking to upgrade to a DC5 I can appreciate the beauty of cars (rather than how fast it goes in a straight line)
In all year and a half ownership I've only seen 4 tegs on the road (3 was the same guy at various times :lol: )

They are not common in the slightest, and you could easily go an entire year without seeing another one (unless you live in Bristol or Cardiff).

And the attention they get is amazing from the general public! 8)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Welsh-Rich said:
And the attention they get is amazing from the general public! 8)
Oh yeah I've noticed. I used to get loads of looks in the CTR, but since I've bought the teg even OAP's look at the car :lol:

Evs

Advanced Member
robert_raw said:
it is obvious that some posts are taking the piss, but when you also speak to DC2 owners who also say the DC5 is crap, then it makes you wonder.
I had a DC2 before my DC5 and was genuinely pretty disappointed with the DC5 out of the box in terms of involvement and 'feel'. I'm happy with it now, but then it's cost me the best part of £30k. Yes, there's an element of p*** taking going on but there are some serious points underneath. When you take into account the near-inevitability of modding, and difficult resale, you need to be sure it's what you want and go into it with your eyes open.

If I were doing it all again I might have kept my DC2 and bought an ATR as well. But that's not to say I actually regret doing what I did.

dan the man

Advanced Member
out the box the DC2 is amazing.

The DC5 needs a little bit here and there to be so much better.

linzi94

Advanced Member
i couldnt wait to own one and i love my DC5.

i still appreciate the slap in the face raw vtec of a b series tho.

and when i turn up at honda meets there are more civic jordans than DC5's in the car park :p

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Driving my DC2 round the other night, even with Unichip and N1 removed, I realised in many ways I prefer driving it (this could just be familiarity after 80,000 miles in DC2s!)

I think it is a bit more engaging in terms of "feel", but to get a DC2 to perform like my DC5 would take far more work and modification than all but the most hardcore would be willing to undertake. I'm talking ITBs etc.

Sadly I've never driven a stock DC5 to offer a comparison, but with mine the following is true:

• [*:2ndap2o1]Torque steer - loads more on the DC5, but as it's putting nigh-on 50bhp more through the front wheels, are you surprised!?
    [*:2ndap2o1]Interior is much more modern, but I do feel the dials look cheap.
    [*:2ndap2o1]Seating is even better than the DC2 - slightly lower.
    [*:2ndap2o1]Haven't tested the true progressiveness of the DC5 grip yet, but at what I consider safe speeds I feel a bit less engaged and worry that I won't get enough feedback to catch errors. Grip does feel higher though (bearing in mind it's a System-R fast road setup with Spoon progressives).
    [*:2ndap2o1]Looks like it was made this century! The DC2 looks old, especially from the front. I never was a big fan of the front end though.
    [*:2ndap2o1]MUCH rarer. :D
    [*:2ndap2o1]Sadly, the brakes are rubbish compared to my DC2, which will throw you through the window as soon as you look at the brake pedal. I wish those Brembos bit and stopped like the old Nissin two-pots with Mintex consumables. :( I really do have to brake earlier in the DC5 (and no, it's not because I'm going faster! ...often... :oops: )
    [*:2ndap2o1]I'm not happy with the throttle response (at least up to 4k revs) of mine compared to the DC2 (with or without Unichip) - but then I have a KPro and it may be the map.

Well, there's a nice little list. This may not even be the thread in which to deposit my thoughts on the two. But it's done now! :p

hondafreek

Advanced Member
I love my Teg mate and would have to be offered something special to part with it. I was driving home yesterday and 2 people too pics of the car while I was in traffic. That speaks volumes. Looks stunning, rare as fook and drives like a pure drivers car. :idea:

dan the man

Advanced Member
lockwood, very very good points there.

On the brakes some people with DC5s rate them, i personally a like you..where is the bite like the DC2? After doing hoses and fluid they are much better, and u just have to accept they are slightly under servoed and there is a little bit of travel before they start working hard- once u get used to this they are very good! It bugged me for ages tho compared to DC2..but after doing the ring in july they are mint. on standard pads aswell.

Most people say to me ' look at the dials!' and love them..i like them , different as they start at the bottom etc..

As for sliding, i can slide it just as good as my DC2, same uber confidence at speed to flick it and enjoy it. But again all depends what u wana do as a driver and are comfortable with. Same long chassis and break away ish for me.

Torque steer aint that bad :lol:

g-zone

Advanced Member
I don't see why people complain about the brakes on the DC5 so much. Yes, there's more initial bite on the DC2, but it's not all about initial bite. Over a period of time (ie: when they're hot) the DC5 brakes perform much more consistently and don't suffer from fade like the DC2 did.

The stopping power is there when you really need it - your foot just has to travel slightly further perhaps. Overall I'd say the brakes were better than the DC2 - try them with semi-slicks and you'll really see how capable they are.

dan the man

Advanced Member
no doubt they stop you..just how they go about it in terms of initial feel..

little bad for confidence when first bit dosent do much imo..

crxvtec

Advanced Member
DC2 vs DC5 - why do I find that the DC2 could corner so much harder than the DC5 and communicate its intentions better? I've managed to get the tail step out of line far too easily on the DC5. It may be because I don't feel quite how fast I'm going in the DC5 compared to the DC2 because the DC5 is so much more refined and also because the DC5 speedo needle starting at the bottom makes it seem like you're not going as fast as you are, but either way I feel like if I could have my old DC2 back I could run rings round my DC5. The DC5 isn't nearly as sure-footed.

And don't get me started on the brakes... :evil: