Do you think a DC5 is TOO easy to drive on the limit?

ashdelsol7

Advanced Member
The DC5 isnt thought of as a good handling car becasue its easy to drive on the limit. Thats exactly what Honda or any manufacturer would want. Thats why the DC2 excelled. Most poeple can drive upto and on the limit which makes it such a fun car, particulary for everyday use. The main difference is that its FWD, so unlike rwd you can make use of its balance and power on almost every journey. With rwd it takes more driver skill to get it right, and when you do it feels good but if you dont it an end in a big way, So i think its more risky and can therefore seem more fun. But to get the most out of a 220bp+ rwd car which is used every day it has to be either.......... a) dry, B) the weekend, or c) on track alot.
4wd cars are just as easy to drive too but whether its rwd, 4wd or fwd they all require a diffrent style of driving, so this really depends on the driver on which they prefer.
Being able to drive the car easily on the limit is what makes the DC5 such a great tool on track, it shows most other 4wd and rwd cars its heels.

have to agree with this......

i drive an s2000 now and the dc5 was a lot easier/safer to push in the dry and wet, you could drive the car half asleep, feel it slide and still not worry. The s2000 scares the life out of me, coming up to a year of ownership now and still only feel like i know the car 20%. You have to concentrate 100% of the time and be aware that at any point in a corner you might not have the skill to push it that tiny bit more. The 2 cars have been the best i have driven though, the thing with the s2000 is though that there is a massive gap for me to improve my driving skills and in that sense its almost like an addiction, each time i get into the car i feel that tiny bit more confident. Like i have said previously if the s2000 hadnt been my dream car since i was 16 then i would still have the dc5.......i wish i could have both because the dc5 is a very similair feel to the s2000 but got a lot more practicality to it with the big boot, 4 seats etc but then the s2000 has the roof down option. But in answer to the OP.......YES i think the dc5 is easy to get CLOSER to the limit than MOST other cars

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
have to agree with this......

i drive an s2000 now and the dc5 was a lot easier/safer to push in the dry and wet, you could drive the car half asleep, feel it slide and still not worry. The s2000 scares the life out of me, coming up to a year of ownership now and still only feel like i know the car 20%. You have to concentrate 100% of the time and be aware that at any point in a corner you might not have the skill to push it that tiny bit more. The 2 cars have been the best i have driven though, the thing with the s2000 is though that there is a massive gap for me to improve my driving skills and in that sense its almost like an addiction, each time i get into the car i feel that tiny bit more confident. Like i have said previously if the s2000 hadnt been my dream car since i was 16 then i would still have the dc5.......i wish i could have both because the dc5 is a very similair feel to the s2000 but got a lot more practicality to it with the big boot, 4 seats etc but then the s2000 has the roof down option. But in answer to the OP.......YES i think the dc5 is easy to get CLOSER to the limit than MOST other cars

=D> Good post. Agree.

I drive an S2000 a fair bit too and totally get what you have just said. You need to be on your game to be pushing hard.

20Drift

Members
Staff member
It has got the right balance & also very predictable. If put aftermarket suspension, diff & semi/slick tyres on it, will take you to another level if your skills permitted.

DANCTR

I took mine out for a 1st proper blast this weekend. And I'm genuinely surprised how good it a DC5 actually is! I drove it as much as I'd have dared to push the VXR round corners and it didn't feel anywhere near it's limit. I know for a fact it will do a lot more than I'll ever be capable of.

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
Thats because VXR's are doggy dooo! :unsure:

Ok - joke, they are good motors, but are quite loose in their set up.

DC5 is more of a precision tool for sure and designed for grip, the astra is if I remember correctly very tail happy out of the box (on track anyway), which is fun, but is also pretty heavy and so has some important factors stacked against it.

I'm sure as you get to know the car you will push harder and harder, and there will be a point where you are often reaching what I woud say is the cars limits IMO, & its a whole lotta fun along the way. :xcheers:

I took mine out for a 1st proper blast this weekend. And I'm genuinely surprised how good it a DC5 actually is! I drove it as much as I'd have dared to push the VXR round corners and it didn't feel anywhere near it's limit. I know for a fact it will do a lot more than I'll ever be capable of.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
It has got the right balance & also very predictable. If put aftermarket suspension, diff & semi/slick tyres on it, will take you to another level if your skills permitted.
Agreed, now mine has the FRS, It just feels like the bar has been moved ever further away! Just so curse good, this is the longest I have ever owned any car, I normally sell up after a year or two!