Do you think this fascia adapter will fit?

Mark_teg

Staff member
I was about to type that I bought mine from the states, but that looks nothing like the one for the teg!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Best to email them and ask, a lot of companies just put up a stock photo and normally put *item may be different to one shown

Also be aware that the RSX Radio Surround has the hazard light on the right hand side and not left like ours, so the shape is reversed.
Reason I say that is they say it replaces the panel and the photo looks like they mean more than just the plastic surround for the radio.
Not very clear as to exactly what part it is they are selling so check.

Most people buy this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/02-06-RSX-CAR-STEREO-DASH-INSTALL-RADIO-MOUNTING-KIT-SINGLE-DOUBLE-DIN-MOUNT-/280777613172?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item415fa65f74

Works out about the same as what you posted.

I just made my own from a black VHS case and a sharp craft knife.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I too also nearly bought that one, but ended up modding my old civic one to roughly fit as a temporary thing.

If it says it fits then it should. If it doesn't, send it back for a refund.

JezW

Advanced Member
Cheers guys.

I was in a rush to get this done and didn't want to be held up by post delays due to Easter and then find out that it didn't fit.. I saw how you had done that Porthos in another thread and decided to go the same route. Unfortunately I couldn't find a dvd/vhs case that would fit properly. I used an old chair instead haha

Almost matches the dash lol. More photos in my build thread when it's all done.

I've got my headunit in now and it looks really good :)

JezW

Advanced Member
I actually went to homebase looking for a suitable material and came home empty handed. Then I saw the chair in the garage and just started hacking away!

Btw Porthos your immobiliser thingy is in a very strange place :p

vtecpang

Advanced Member
Errmm...
Not sure why I didn't pick up on this thread....

I have an Acura RSX facia (unopened) that I purchased from a member here some time ago. I didn't use it as the flip one came up for grabs also, so now it's surplus. Would you like this??

Also
Not sure what your intentions are with the blank but I could probably send you some genuine carbon of that size. You will have to drill the fixture holes yourself ;)

Let me know your thoughts
:)

JezW

Advanced Member
It would be great to get the spare RSX adaptor. Thanks for the offer.

It's looking like the headunit will need to sit at the bottom unless I make a bracket or something, it would be good to have an easy way to mount it on the top.

Don't worry about the carbon, thanks though :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Ha ha, Nice! What I like to see, people having a go :) Does you good to get creative.

And yes I hate my alarm being in that location, lol, but it's bearable compared to the old Fog switch I had.