Dodgy HID lights, help?

pau_teg08

Hi guys!
I found out one of my HID lights (passenger side) has stopped working so I ordered new D2R bulbs to replace but before replacing it, it started to work for a few days, then deciding to go back to not working. so this has got me puzzled of how do I go around fixing it/finding the problem, any ideas where to start?

thanks!!

jrscho

Advanced Member
Sounds like a faulty ballast to me.. as when they tend to go dodgy they flicker and go on and off whenever they want! but only way to be certain is to check it! One way to check is remove the drivers side and switch it on passenger to test if it's working or not

Liam-R

Advanced Member
If it turns out to be the ballast I would buy a new hid kit from hidsdirect, I had a nightmare with ballasts and they are mega expensive. I bought a kit online and they have been excellent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC5Jack

Advanced Member
Happened to mine a few years ago and they stopped working right as I pulled into the MOT bay.

Turns out it was wiring on the actual plugs for the ballasts. Reseated the pins and added some tape for security and they've been fine ever since. That was about 4 years ago now.

Jack