Dodgy K20a Engine on Ebay

Trung

Advanced Member
What a @sshole! :evil:

lets flood his auction before some poor fool gets mugged.

mikegsi

Staff member
and we all thought ebay was a 'safe' place to buy stuff!

you just never know, and though they have safety procedures in place, did you see the prog a while ago about the people who were conned and never got anything back

turbo5

Advanced Member
Makes you wonder if it could be out of a stolen car :?: Sell it to an american buyer no one would know any difference.

kingston

Advanced Member
This engine is the same one being discussed in the Engine for sale thread in general sale (thread started by me and no, im not the seller!)

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Little update

I sent guy message after i won saying whats your details so i can come pick up engine.

He replied

If you want to collect, only in 3 weeks it is possible. I'm not in town.

If you want it now, then my wife will arrange the delivery to you...in
case

that you can't wait 3 weeks"
I replied

I wont want delivery, although 3 weeks is a long time i am willing to
wait if i can come up and see the engine in the meantime to check its
all genuine.

Where to are you in North Scotland?
His reply

james, i can't put my wife to meet with a stranger, no offence.
So ive just sent him this

Ok

Can you send me some pics of the engine?

Firstly the engine no. (VIN No.) Which is located on the engine.

Secondly close up pics of the Belts. And also pics of the head itself.

Ideally id like a date on these (either proved by simple slip of paper in the photographs or ones shown on digital camera's). Just to prove this is genuine.

You see a feedback of 0 and no pics sets some alarm bells ringing for me, especially given the amount of completely ass bandits (excuse the French) who sell non-existent stuff on eBay. And especially JDM Engines and they all seem to be located in Scotland. North Scotland actually.

Without this information im afraid I won't be waiting the 3 weeks as nothing in the ad stated any delays and I wont waste my time on something im not sure is 100% genuine.

Thank you

James