Does arctic blue chip easier or just show more?

ste01

Advanced Member
Is it just the arctic blue cars that suffer or is the paint on DC5s the worst paint Honda have ever used?! Haha. It only seems to take one short normal drive, no faster than 60mph with no other cars around, to go from polished/waxed to having loads of really small white marks/chips and tiny scratches on the bonnet/front bumper. I'm not talking about the typical stone chips that sometimes happen but these tiny white specks...like the white spray that can happen on a mirror after cleaning your teeth (only thing I can think of to describe it).

Yeah I know chips are going to happen to a car if it's driven but I've never seen a car pick up marks so easy, my old civic didn't do it and that was used on a 100 round trip motorway commute.

Have other people had this happen with theirs?

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
That's just this time of the year. All my cars come home looking like that. It's the salt/grit on the road being thrown up by the car in front

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
I'd say white is the most noticeable, doesn't blue have a dark undercoat as well?

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
My lower splitter really suffers, I think they show through more on the blue as the undercoat/primer is a light grey colour, so this makes the paint chips look worse.

Erm

Advanced Member
The paint is very soft

nothing you can do but get a respray for the front end after a while

newyorkaddict

Advanced Member
My lower front splitter is going Matte Black soon. I'm going to use Plastidip paint which is a rubberised paint that is pretty good at resisting stonechips.