Donington Park - Sunday 26th Feb

DP.

Advanced Member
One of Donington Parks Trakzone days - £99 sessioned

Anyone else up for it? Simon? ;)

DP.

Advanced Member
Sweet.... i'll be looking to book either tomorrow or wednesday.. will post up on here when I do :)

User

Advanced Member
DP. said:
Sweet.... i'll be looking to book either tomorrow or wednesday.. will post up on here when I do :)
You're going with the Evo6 and Corvette?

I know the guy with the Corvette.

I'm all booked - just wondering about the weather now because I've got RE040's on which are about as usefull as a picnic in the wet. :(

chunman81

Advanced Member
i am thinking of this Novice Track Session at Oulton Park but it costs £79 for 1/2 day. They will show my the brake points, lines, etc. But is it worth it or should i go to donny and learn myself?? :?

User

Advanced Member
chunman81 said:
i am thinking of this Novice Track Session at Oulton Park but it costs £79 for 1/2 day. They will show my the brake points, lines, etc. But is it worth it or should i go to donny and learn myself?? :?
At Donington you can join novice, intermediate or advanced groups - so obviosuly novice group would be ideal so you can get a feel for the circuit with other novices without getting in the way of faster people.

I've never driven donington before so I'm joining the novice group.

chunman81

Advanced Member
User said:
chunman81 said:
At Donington you can join novice, intermediate or advanced groups - so obviosuly novice group would be ideal so you can get a feel for the circuit with other novices without getting in the way of faster people.

I've never driven donington before so I'm joining the novice group.

yup, that is what i thought. dunno how they can tuition 20 ppl in different cars :? it is only 1/2 day as well for £79 :?

Zero7

Advanced Member
Damn,

I'm a track day virgin and looking to book my first one now that the car is all sorted. I'm away in Bristol at the Hi-Fi show this Sunday :(

Mersey_typeR

Advanced Member
chunman81 said:
When is this mate? I'm interested in a bit of tuition to get me started and I don't wanna do a full day as I want to see how the car copes first.

N77

I will be about on Sunday but only to spectate and take pics, so if I see any of you about I will come and say Hello :D

Also you can have an instructor go out with you at Donnington as well but itsan extra £25 for 15 minutes.

Carl

chunman81

Advanced Member
Mersey_typeR said:
chunman81 said:
When is this mate? I'm interested in a bit of tuition to get me started and I don't wanna do a full day as I want to see how the car copes first.
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/oulto ... p&type=Car

Crash helmet hire
Safety briefing
Mini bus tour of the track lines etc
Chase the pace car
Follow the cones (racing lines/breaking points etc)
2 hour open pit lane to finish

its £99 now :evil: :evil:

DP.

Advanced Member
User said:
DP. said:
You're going with the Evo6 and Corvette?

I know the guy with the Corvette.

I'm all booked - just wondering about the weather now because I've got RE040's on which are about as usefull as a picnic in the wet. :(

Ahhh.... yes the guy in the Evo is one of my best mates - I've been trying to pursuade him to come on the track in his Evo for aaaaaaaaages now :D

I'll be in the intermediate group btw.

As for the weather... haha.. well... its forcast "Rain / Snow Showers" on weather.co.uk

Hopefully by wed that will change! Then I will book :D

Somehow i think they may cancel the trackday if its snowing :( Shame tho cus I would love to go round the track sideways :p

N77

Well the weather is looking ok for this at the moment according to BBC weather giving out Sunny Intervals

Carl

User

Advanced Member
Mine's a CW 04 on a 53 plate.

See you there. Ooh my first track day - meez excited. 8)

N77

I didn't get to meet any of you but you seem to be having a good go around the track :D

I saw your white one User parked up but didn't see the 2 blues ones until out on track.

Was one of the blue ones Charged by any chance :?:

I have loads of photos from yesterday, I will be sorting them out tonight and uploading them as well.

Will post the link to them once I have sorted them, then if you want any of them let me know

Carl

User

Advanced Member
One of the blue ones was sounding a bit nasty - maybe it was my ears but it sounded....rough. Maybe it was SC'd?

I had problems with noise - got black flagged twice for noise - so I spent the day having to short shift at 7,000rpm - pretty criminal in a vtec car tbh - wasn't best pleased. :(

DP.

Advanced Member
Chris had the supercharged DC5, might have sounded off with it having the bung in the exhaust because it was also too noisy. I think it was over 98db still even with that in.