Donington Park - Sunday 26th Feb

Sharpey

Advanced Member
Hi Si,

Shame you couldn't make it I suppose you were working till 4 on the Sunday morning, about the time I left home.
It was mine sounding a bit funny like User I had to run with the bung in all day and got black flagged with that in as well so was coasting for most of the day except for the last session where I did a little gardening after spending to much time waving at DP and not looking where I was supposed to be going.

I know it was a cheap day at £99 but 3 twenty minute sessions meant 40 minutes hanging around in the cold which was no fun.

Hope to catch up before the Summer also I know Jon wants to do Donington..

Chris.

User

Advanced Member
Sharpey - thanks for clearing that up, thought it sounded a bit nasty - pleased it was just the bung. :lol:

I'm almost convinced my noise was actually pure engine noise bleeding through the Gruppe M, I was using a Toda header and HKS Cat Back - the exhaust really isn't all that noisy imo. I swear it's the Gruppe M. :(

I'm just trying to think of possibly foam filling the carbon airbox to see if that takes the edge off the noise.

I enjoyed scaring the crap out of the Elises round the bends though - ;)

N77

Images uploaded :D

click image below

If you want any of the images of your can then drop me an email to the address on the site with the filenames of the images required and I will send them to you.

They are for free as well by the way ;)

Carl

T666YPR

Sharpey said:
was coasting for most of the day except for the last session where I did a little gardening after spending to much time waving at DP and not looking where I was supposed to be going.
That sounds like it's becoming a regular thing with you and track days Chris! :shock: :wink:

Was watching (from a distance) BaT at Mallory on Tuesday,as a mate of mine was giving instruction in the Caterhams.
Conclusion:It's still WAAYYY too cold and wet for me to get my track head on just yet!! :cry:

Not too long I hope though! 8)

DP.

Advanced Member
have you got yourself a nice set of track tyres for the summer? ive got my eye on some Dunlop DJ01's

Sharpey

Advanced Member
I am pleased with my Dunlop's and at a good price too thanks to Jon, it wasn't much only two wheels on the grass Simon wasn't it DP. :wink:

jonster

Advanced Member
It's thanks to Mike really. He spotted the cheap Dunlops. I've still not found their limit on the track yet.

DP.

Advanced Member
Just ordered mine... £360 for a set - bargain! :D

and yea Chris... You just clipped the grass a little bit thats all :D