Donington Video

T666YPR

Donington National Circuit,my favourite track day was here just after they'd resurfaced it.

Looked a bit busy out there!

Mark,where abouts did you off??
(bottom of Craner Curves into Old Hairpin or at Redgate more than likely)

Hopefully the damage is only cosmetic.

CU next week @ Cadwell 8)

Simon

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
110mph taking craners :evil: Backend just whipped round on me...

word of advice... never put slicks on the front and semis on the rear :roll:

Yeah need a new bumper, apart from that all seems well..

c u at cad..

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
Mark I did exactly the same thing in my old EK9 at a about 110 on slicks, was on std suspsension back then so only chipped the wheels, front splitter, side skirt, any lower the whole lot would have come off, better that than the tyres :D

I found when running slicks, when they go they go virtually impossible to collect at least thats what I found :roll: :p

Unnamed_warrior

Advanced Member
Yeah matt you are right, I don't think I am good enough to use slicks... much prefer using semi's. I can feel what is going on with the car more..

I was very lucky thou mate as once I hit the grass I was going sideways towards the kitter litter :shock: I was looking out of my drivers side window and the litter was getting closer and closer and all I could think about is ,,,we are going to flip.... then the car hit the litter, it travelled a fair bit into it and came to a stop.... man that was close... when I got out the wheels were half way buried into the litter.....

I was lucky that it was only the bumper as most of the drivers side sideskirts was under the litter... No damage to any other part of the car and only took about two hrs to get all the stones out and tape up the bumper then I got right back out there...

after that I was a little slower down craners .. :oops: started to lift just before getting there instead of flooring it right the way thou... oh well once bitten and all that....

Mark

Type R - Matt

Advanced Member
That mirrors exactly what happened to me, I havent taken Craner Flat since, don't think I ever will. Mine was buried 1/2 way upto the wheels. Took them 20 minutes to get me out, thank fully it was the end of the day so nobody lost out, even so felt like shit. :(

Have a really close up look to the Skirts, mine were peppered, nobody would notice them unless you look really close.

I won't ever use slicks again, at least with the Cut slicks aka A048-R's Dunlop's etc they are progressive. You need lightening reactions with slicks.