Don't EVER use PowerFlow [Damage + Mis-selling

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
First they damaged my car on their ramps and claimed it wasn't them, until I got the manager involved.

They then offered to replace my 5Zigen back box as it was apparently the reason for my exhaust rattle, for £100.

I turned up today and "for all my trouble" only charged me £60.. Now I know why.

I've still got the same noise coming from my exhaust!!!!

So all in all I've:
Had my bumper damaged
Not had my exhaust fixed
Now have a shit looking exhaust
Lost a 5zigen exhaust in replace of a generic P.O.S that's just stupidly loud, no pops, and the exit is so small I'm almost certain it's affecting exhaust gas flow.

Anyone know if I they will still hae my 5zigen in the shop and if they will put it back on if I tell them? As CLEARLY it's not broken as I'm still getting the rattle but now have an obnoxiously loud and shit sounding exhaust to go with it.

My life.. 1 thing after another! Close to giving up.

Dan34

Advanced Member
Sorry to hear about your troubles but powerflow are renowned for being terrible.

Yes you should be entitled to atleast take away your old exhaust, its not their property!

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
That's good to know, I'll be giving them hassle frat thing tomorrow morning. I absolutely hate liers and the fact the guy only charged me £60 just shows he KNEW it never fixed the rattle! Fucking scum bags.

dave7368

Advanced Member
i would expect your 5zigen is now proudly fitted to one of their saxo's or 106's

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
That's what I'm dreading, I get there tomorrow morning and "it's been disposed of" after which I guess I don't have a leg to stand on.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Turns out they're closed on Sunday so I've sent an email and also tweeted them on twitter to tell the manager not to dispose of the exhaust

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
probly never see that again.. why didnt you just get another decent exhaust instead of messing around with these idiots?

plugg

Advanced Member
Here is my powerflow

This fell off on thursday night while out a drive with a mate luckily he seen it fall off lol

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
ep3itrdc5 said:
probly never see that again.. why didnt you just get another decent exhaust instead of messing around with these idiots?
I got recommended these people to diagnose the fault, which they just completely lied about saying it was my back box. Live and learn.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
why did you take your car away if you werent happy? you should have been vocal at the time

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Playing devils advocate, when i had a power flow exhaust on my old civic it was one of the best purchases i made and it was constructed well and held up for the 4 years i owned it. Its possible you just have a Sh*te fitter?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
why did you take your car away if you werent happy? you should have been vocal at the time
They told me my car was ready for pick up at 4:45, the shop then shut at 5, so by the time I got to drive it and realise the problem and turned back they were already shut and nowhere to be seen.

darkhawk

Advanced Member
The power flow near me used to be pretty good now has new mechanics and wouldn't take my mum's mini there

From what iv read the actual exhausts aren't to bad it's just the pikey shops that fit them that are useless

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
darkhawk said:
The power flow near me used to be pretty good now has new mechanics and wouldn't take my mum's mini there
From what iv read the actual exhausts aren't to bad it's just the pikey shops that fit them that are useless
Sounds about right, they damaged my bumper on their ramp and didn't own up to it until I put a complaint in

Craigdb said:
What power flow shop did you go
Power Flow in Heaton, Newcastle.

TyperItr

Advanced Member
Were you there when they put it up on the ramp and damaged the bumper? Let us know how you get on anyway, hope there is a good result for you

BenSayers

Advanced Member
The one on scotswood road is alright. I've had them do work on my car (not the teg) a few times.<br /><br />Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Problem with Powerflow is they are a Franchise, so you get good ones and you get bad ones.

Hope you get it sorted though Liam, i'd be very annoyed at the fact that they didn't have nerve to tell you they'd hadn't fixed the problem, but charged you less to make it ok...

I've had similar problems with custom exhausts on my EP3 in the past, they removed my old exhaust with a angle grinder thus rendering it useless, then forget to weld one of the flanges on the new one so it fell apart a week later, and when I got it fixed by them rather than cutting it off and doing it again they patched it with bird poop like welding. Live and learn.

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
TyperItr said:
Were you there when they put it up on the ramp and damaged the bumper? Let us know how you get on anyway, hope there is a good result for you
I was, and the sly people they are when they parked my car they parked it with the damage facing away. Only when I got the manager involved did they admit to it.

BenSayers said:
The one on scotswood road is alright. I've had them do work on my car (not the teg) a few times.<br /><br />Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk<br /><br />
That's who these guys are - They've moved.