Don't you just love it when....

AC

Advanced Member
People stare at your ITR DC5 because they have never seen one before? 8)

TEG_DC5_R

Advanced Member
I get that quite alot in my CW DC5!

People just stop and stare and Ive even had some1 say you should have left it as it was......thinking it is a Civic Coupe!!! :xconfused:

horsepower

I had a bloke tonight nearly break his neck staring at mine as he walked past, he then nearly got run over by another car :xlol:

I love my car!! \:D/

benny

Advanced Member
somebody just asked me if it had full evo runnin gear?
to my reply why would it its a honda? he then looked really confused and looked a bit dumb!
they other day i saw 3 r35's in about an hour! rareness is the new black! lol

jay82

Advanced Member
i had a young kid run to the kerb and shout (LOOK DADDY A TYPE R) it made my day :D

imarzzochi

I would say one in 3 people have a good stare as you drive past :green: , the best time was when a young lad on a bmx was drooling over the teg as i drove past and he went straight into a lamp post!! :lol:

leehonda

I love it too! Can be a bit embarrasing at times though too. I was sat at traffic lights when a teacher was trying to get a class of kids to cross but they were all stood in the middle of the road with there camera phones out taking pics. Felt a bit embarresed then! :oops:

Gaz DC5

Advanced Member
Its great when paople stare as your driving but not too good when some randoms start talking to you when your in a rush. i was going to my car in Tesco's before when the trolley guy shouts over "nice Honda!"
Then started asking what type of civic is it, then said he's going to by a civic frorm his Japanese mate in japan and put an Integra engine in it! :xconfused:

few days ago i was outside halfords, i parked the car on its own and when i came out it had 2 CTR's either side and a lady was waiting for me just to tell me she loves my car - slightly embaresing but nice too :D

AC

Advanced Member
Gaz DC5 said:
Its great when paople stare as your driving but not too good when some randoms start talking to you when your in a rush. i was going to my car in Tesco's before when the trolley guy shouts over "nice Honda!"
Then started asking what type of civic is it, then said he's going to by a civic frorm his Japanese mate in japan and put an Integra engine in it! :xconfused:

few days ago i was outside halfords, i parked the car on its own and when i came out it had 2 CTR's either side and a lady was waiting for me just to tell me she loves my car - slightly embaresing but nice too :D
Was she a nice Layday or was it just some random woman? If it was a nice layday then game on!!

brucey87

Advanced Member
one time, a know-all called my car a 'evo' then when i said it wasnt he called it a 'scooby'!

iv even had someone take pictures while im actualy in the car sitting in traffic, i just went bright red and didnt know where to look :oops:

i suppose its just all part of having such a rare car.

leehonda

Been getting some real funny looks in mine in Germany! There's hardly any civic type r's here let alone any DC5's. Can only find 1 DC5 for sale in Germany so its a real rarity over here! A few times its been parked up and people are walking round it looking at it. They always going to the back to see what it is! :xlol:

WestYorkshireman

Advanced Member
Pulled in for petrol the other week and a young Saturday lad washing cars at a second hand dealers next door stopped hosing down and took a photo on his phone then took another as I pulled away, that made me smile :D

civic17_99

Advanced Member
lol made me laugh the other day when i was filling up at shell, i went into pay and the guy said nice civic is it a jap import lol. :D

CJ DC5

Advanced Member
[/quote]few days ago i was outside halfords, i parked the car on its own and when i came out it had 2 CTR's either side and a lady was waiting for me just to tell me she loves my car - slightly embaresing but nice too :D[/quote]

8)

Andy.

Advanced Member
I wasn't sure if i liked all the looks and stares at first, it happened a lot more frequently than i was expecting that's for sure.

Now that i'm a bit more used to it, i don't mind it really... in fact it is kinda cool in a way. I've also had a couple of comments, one from a young bloke who walked past as i was cleaning it and said "nice car mate, you've got a rare one there".

I also got a knowing nod and a wave from a guy in an FD2 yesterday :D That sort of thing never happened when i had my Accord :p

raz786

Advanced Member
civic17_99 said:
lol made me laugh the other day when i was filling up at shell, i went into pay and the guy said nice civic is it a jap import lol. :D
x2! :D Still lots of people out there that think the Type R badge is from ebay probably :lol: