Door lock issues

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
Hi all,

I have an aftermarket Toad alarm and it locks the doors once I start the engine I am assuming this is the same with the OEM alarm. Mine only works some of the time and i cant figure out why has anyone come across this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Can't speak for everyone but my car didn't come with an alarm from the factory. Sounds more like an feature of the toad to me and there's a fault with a sensor somewhere but that's just a guess. Phone a toad installer and they'll be able to tell you straight away. A lot of these functions can just be turned on or off too so that could be a cheap option for you

linh-ej9

Advanced Member
Hi all,

I have an aftermarket Toad alarm and it locks the doors once I start the engine I am assuming this is the same with the OEM alarm. Mine only works some of the time and i cant figure out why has anyone come across this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
this is an alarm feature call anti hijack, if you dont want the doors to lock start the engine with the door open then close the door.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
TBH i have the same issue, as above you suggest leaving the door open and starting the car, but that seems to make no difference to me, mine seems to be random, sometimes it locks sometimes it doesn't. Bit odd if you ask me, but i have lived with it for 3 and a half years now so i'm not worried.