Door window trim - pealing to metal?

Blake

I'm importing a 5 currently and it's got the what I'm guessing is common issue of the door trim pealing and exposing the bare metal.

I was racking my brains, I haven't yet priced up replacements from Honda yet but I thought about painting them.. Matt black paint? if I striped them back or possibly plasti dip paint might be better? As its closer texture to stock.. Has anybody done this?

Mark_teg

Staff member
They're about £60 each from Honda, I replaced mine though they didn't reach bare metal.

Some have sprayed them with good results, I'm sure they'll comment shortly.

Blake

Thanks!

Suppose I'll give it a go and if it goes tits up its not the end of the world at £60!

Rob R

Advanced Member
Mine weren't peeling but were badly discoloured so had them vinyl wrapped gloss black

Liam

Advanced Member
I'm looking to do mine shortly with matt black paint and matt lacquer - will let you know how it goes.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Wind window fully down, doorcard off, mirror and base off, then you'll be able to see the way they are clipped in and how to remove.
Refit in reverse order of course.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I didn't remove doorcard. As stated, window down, mirror off and prise it up starting at the front end.

When you refit you also need to push each clip a couple of times since it appears to be like a ratchet and clicks in more each time.

My driver side was showing metal but the passenger side leaked water into the cabin so I replaced both.

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
I just pulled up from the middle of the trim gentle and rolled it back until I could get the rear off, then just slide back.
Took about 5 minutes.