Double checking DC Sports Header and Exhaust System Fitment

AneesR

Hi Guys,

My car has a Spoon exhaust on it that sounds rather nice, but I hate the pee-shooter small tailpipe design! I like big tailpipe exhausts lol

I've manged to buy a DC Sports exhaust system with a 4" tail pipe. To complete the set, I've also managed to get a DC Sports header from ebay. Its advertised as being suitable for any DC5/Civic EP3.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142183256382?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#vi-ilComp

The Part No is: ASR6514

http://www.dcsports.com/4-2-1header1/AHR6514_Acura.html

I thought it would be a direct fit but have been talking to a friend and have been told the EP3/DC5 headers are potentially slightly different?

Can anyone please confirm? Have I bought the wrong part? :xaiweb6:

Thanks
Anees

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Aftermarket manifolds are the same, it's the back box that differs. OEM manifolds are slightly different but are interchangeable IIRC.

WraithPriest

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Aftermarket manifolds are the same, it's the back box that differs. OEM manifolds are slightly different but are interchangeable IIRC.
I thought some (the DC I'd heard, wasn't sure about others) aftermarket manifolds contact the ARB?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I thought some (the DC I'd heard, wasn't sure about others) aftermarket manifolds contact the ARB?
They can on the EP3 if it isn't running a front JDM anti roll bar.

WraithPriest

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
They can on the EP3 if it isn't running a front JDM anti roll bar.
I'd been told it was because the DC was made for the RSX and it has a different ARB to these, but glad to know it is an option for the future :)

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I'm pretty sure that's for the EP3 only, my car has the DC sports header and I still have the OEM ARB.

impne

Advanced Member
I had issues with my skunk2 alfa rattling on arb and after research it seems to have been designed for RSX but advertised to fit dc5/ep3.
I already had new engine mounts that had been fitted in japan so fitted inserts and polly bushes on arb and it seems fine now.
We had it on the ramp and jacked wheels up at different angles to make sure it wasn't going to cause issues on the road.