Double din assistance please?

Stewlark

Advanced Member
Right, I pick up my car from torque gt very soon. The car hasn't got a head unit. I have got my eye on a pioneer double din head unit on the web. Contacted the 2 cheapest companies I have found on the web.
I need to know what else I need in order to order this product from them. They are clearly in no rush for my business as I asked the question 2 days ago and I am not getting anywhere.
My questions are;
Will I need a band expander my car?
Is there another cable I need as well?

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Won't need a band expander as it's the head unit itself that does that, hence why jap head units can only get radio2 in this country.

You shall most likely need an ISO adapter to convert the Honda loom to ISO fitting (like an industry standard) to which the supplied Pioneer adapter will fit too.

Other than a fascia surround sound it looks flush in the dash.

Stewlark

Advanced Member
Thanks, less than 1 hour that took, rather than no answer in two days from the retailers!!

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Haha, in my opinion if a retailer isn't going to respond to your questions they certainly wouldn't be getting my business either.

On my phone at the moment but I'll have a look online later to find links to the bits and pieces you'll need.

ste01

Advanced Member
When I imported my car through Torque it had no radio. So I had a headunit delivered to them and they had it fitted for when I picked up the car. Could be worth it if you have a long drive home!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
You need a Honda Accord ISO adaptor. Can be found at Halfrauds or most ICE stores. Plug and play too so no soldering.

You will find there will be a gap surrounding the stereo once it's in. You can get the adaptor plate from America or you could use an old VHS black box to make one yourself! Lol

Adam

Rom

Advanced Member
Was there a stereo in the pictures you saw ?

Mines got some sick jdm double din in the pics...

Ill be in your situation soon though, so thanks for asking the questions! Ill be fitting my single din to start probably. The Pioneer i want is pushing £600 as only came out in March / April.

Stewlark

Advanced Member
Thanks guys, all been a massive help.
Got my double din now, ISO cable, now just need to find a fascia.

Torque gt did offer to do it for me. I had decided not to bother with one, but a 5hour journey home convinced my otherwise.
So then started the research....