double din cover up?

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
how do :)

i'm probably going to getting a pioneer F900BT, which is one of these touchscreen satnav double din jobbies...

just wondering, since there is no faceplate as such that could be removed, is there any sort of double-din clip on cover which would look like you have just a blanking plate?

had my stereo nicked before on a one-off occasion where i left the faceplate on :( - seriously don't want it happening to my DC5...

is there such a thing?

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
Not that I'm aware of, but Double DIN's don't frequently get stolen to be honest.

The combination of more complicated removal (usually) and limited resale market compared to single DIN means Pikey Wayne normally moves on to an easier target.

VTeCMonKeY

Advanced Member
oh ok... well thats good to know, maybe i'll try and fabricate something myself for a bit extra security when the time comes anyway...

god i hate pikey wayne :evil:

on the topic of security... what do people think would be best to guard my driveway:

• big light / camera

• one of those bollards that pops up

• proximity alarm in the car

?

had my DC2 broken into on the drive and it was a horrible experience :(

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
That really depends on what you're trying to guard against...theft FROM the vehicle, or theft OF the vehicle.

Each requires a slightly different approach.

jay82

Advanced Member
the pioneer double dins have a code u can put in every time u start the car.

kimi

Advanced Member
VTeCMonKeY said:
on the topic of security... what do people think would be best to guard my driveway:

• big light / camera

• one of those bollards that pops up

• proximity alarm in the car

(
I would say all of them :wink:

i have got them all expect the proximity alarm, although i did ask if my alarm had the option of that as an add on, unfortunatly it does not :(
so its on the list as soon as.

i also use a diskloc.

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
VTeCMonKeY said:
oh ok... well thats good to know, maybe i'll try and fabricate something myself for a bit extra security when the time comes anyway...

two of my mates used to have the old mark 1 clio, they had a pull down cover to go over the head unit. they both used to take the face off then flick the cover over to hide the HU. they both had thier cars broken into because the thief couldnt see there was nothing there to steal, and was just curious i guess.

I appreciate the DC5 is not as easy to break onto as an old clio, but the chance still remains. Ive always thought it is better to let everyone know there is nothing to steal, instead of trying to hide what isnt there.

Just my 2p. :D