double din fascia help!!!

shanedixon

Advanced Member
iv just brought a pioneer 2400bt double din fitted it all in but now theres a gap round the stereo bout a cm all round no1 has the fascia anywhere what am i supposed to do now any help would be much apreciated as it looks turd atm lol ther must be somwhere that stocks them

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
that's exactly the ebay item i used to fill the gap on mine.:) i think i'm correct in saying Porthos used an old VCR tape and some DIY

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
As previously said, you can buy one from ebay, or make your own if you are feeling competent.

Here is mine that I made from a black VHS case around my old unit (Jurrasic Park, lol)

Just measure up and cut one out, just be accurate and take your time with a really sharp craft blade.

The finish is very flush and looks OEM. It's held in with some double sided sticky foam tape.

Otherwise just buy one :)

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Depends on your head unit, fits perfect but I did had to file the bottom of it a little bit

kieran-itr

Advanced Member
Porthos my lad, I know u can answer this question for me :) I have the sph-da100 & have the gap around my double din, will that surround in the eBay link up top fit & lose my ugly gap?

Cheers bud

itrsarg

Advanced Member
kieran-itr said:
Porthos my lad, I know u can answer this question for me :) I have the sph-da100 & have the gap around my double din, will that surround in the eBay link up top fit & lose my ugly gap?
Cheers bud
I bought the eBay one mate & not a very good fit with the Appradio best to make your own :)

kieran-itr

Advanced Member
itrsarg said:
I bought the eBay one mate & not a very good fit with the Appradio best to make your own :)
Cheers pal but my DIY is beyond terrible!! If anyone wants to make me one then feel free :) obviously i will pay u ;)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
^^ ha ha...

Yes, the best way is to make your own, the trouble is that not all units fit exactly the same, so a custom surround wont exactly fit another stereo, this is why the bought ones have a gap, to account for the slight differences in dimensions.

Easy to make your own, literally make some templates from card (cereal boxes) and keep making one until it's a perfect fit, then use that as a template to cut a plastic one out, I used a VHS case and sprayed it Matt Black :)