Double Din Tray Mod .Help.

Fanard

Hi,

I've fitted a single Din stereo into my DC5 (as shown) but now have the gap above it, you can buy blanking plates from Tegiwa however i'd rather have a tray. Plus the price for a blanking plate is not justifiable to me.
Anyone know if you can buy a tray to fit? or if not then has anyone modified a tray to fit?
Double Din.jpg
Cheers

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
I`ve got this if you`d be interested...proper Honda jobby
[/URL]">http://
[/URL]">http://
Holds 3 Cd`s or Phone/Pod
Think they`re about £65 from Honda...£25 plus postage if you`d like it.HTH David

Rom

Advanced Member
I made this

From a universal tray on eBay. Just checked the measurements I needed, and found one that was right.

Before

This was final result. As I wanted to mount a phone holder, in a place I coukd use for sat nav, without wrecking any oem parts.

Sent from my S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk

Fanard

dc5-2ltr said:
I`ve got this if you`d be interested...proper Honda jobby
Holds 3 Cd`s or Phone/Pod
Think they`re about £65 from Honda...£25 plus postage if you`d like it.HTH David
Looks good that mate, but i'd rather just have a tray if i'm honest.

Thanks though!

Rom said:
I made this

From a universal tray on eBay. Just checked the measurements I needed, and found one that was right.

Before

This was final result. As I wanted to mount a phone holder, in a place I coukd use for sat nav, without wrecking any oem parts.
This looks spot on! I'm tempted to do the same but i'll only modify a single din tray to fit where as it looks like you've used a double din frame?
Just wanted to know if it was possibly and obviously it is!
Cheers

Rom

Advanced Member
To clarify.

The car came over with a Double Din. I removed that, fitted my single din to the oem cage. Re used the double din surround trim, as it fitted perfectly.
Then ordered a single din tray the closest dimensions i could find on ebay.
Made that fit, had to trim a little bit to get the look i wanted.

The tray, as far as i remember, screw to the double din cage.

Fanard

Rom said:
To clarify.

The car came over with a Double Din. I removed that, fitted my single din to the oem cage. Re used the double din surround trim, as it fitted perfectly.
Then ordered a single din tray the closest dimensions i could find on ebay.
Made that fit, had to trim a little bit to get the look i wanted.

The tray, as far as i remember, screw to the double din cage.
Ahh right I understand. I'm going to do pretty much the same thing I think. just got to make sure the tray fits nicely!

Cheers Rom