Drag Wrinkle Tires on the DC5 Mickey Thomson 255/50/16

beppe786

Beppe
picked up some of these...

Mickey Thomson Et Streets soft wrinkle wall tires just cleared my brembos hoping to bring 60ft down from current 2.2sec to near 1.7sec... well lets hope so

Turbosnatch

Advanced Member
Yeah deffo need to get that 60ft down. Remember to really heat those up on the line otherwise they are terrible. Good luck tho man and get some vids I know this car has an awesome time in there once that 60ft is reached :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
It will be faster if you put them the right way around ;) Also some of the ET street drag tyres do not need warming too much and indeed can get slippery if too hot, they can overheat too much like road tyres. BUT there are some different types so you should check what you have. I would look on club rsx for info about warming and pressure it will need to be lower for sure. The other thing you might need to work on is the handbrake of the dc5 is generally pants and won't hold the car during a burnout. Pulling under 2 second 60ft is good going in a fwd road car , good luck.

beppe786

Beppe
Picture above was just a test fit too see if they fitted.. plus they have been pumped up just to keep shape..

on the mickey thomson site says little to no burn out required. I think small amount of burn out just to get them up to temp... gonna run around 14psi... will be able to launch higher rpm..

2 sec 60ft will mean mid to low 12 hopefully

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
If it's a sunny day the pressure will go up on its own on the tyre that's in the sun, so always have a gauge handy when you are in the staging lanes, I was heavily involved with drag racing for years at all levels, my own full tube car right up to top fuel , having won the British champs with the car I ran ( I was crew chief) retired and started something new ( circuit racing)

Lewis93

Advanced Member
Just seen a video of your car on Facebook at Santa Pod from earlier on today, looked at home on the strip. :)

beppe786

Beppe
Was a warm day.. I struggled for grip with Them drag tires.. had to put them down to 12psi and heat them up before they worked well.. by that time it was near 5pm.. I managed a 2.0 dead 60ft and a 12.8 on my last run..

c&s evo7 you was right my handbrake isnt powerful enough for burnout was the reason that tyres took so long getting up too temp..

Ill post a video up soon

darkhawk

Advanced Member
Iv got a video of you and my mate in the silver civic mate
.Didn't get to talk to you yesterday as was on the strip or you were

I was in the white Dc5 with Amir and the other DC2 I spoke to bilal for a bit tho

The wheels looked great on the car bloody massive haha

It was a weird day y day lovely and hot but no traction at all

The silver ep on managed high 13s when usualy runs low 13s

beppe786

Beppe
Run what ya brung days they dont clean the track that often.. was terrible grip..

Japshow the track is regularly cleaned and car grips well..

It was my first time using them wheels hitting 13.0 so many times with 2 gear wheel spin..

Spoke to your mate In the siliver ep3 good lad..

darkhawk

Advanced Member
Yeah I know what you mean

Theres no event on so not bothered about prepping the track

Yeah he's a nice lad

So was your mate in the pit crew ep as he lent us a tool kit to strip thr seats out a mates Scooby

beppe786

Beppe
darkhawk said:
Yeah I know what you mean
Theres no event on so not bothered about prepping the track
Yeah he's a nice lad
So was your mate in the pit crew ep as he lent us a tool kit to strip thr seats out a mates Scooby
We had about 8 cars there other siliver teg billy

Ep2 lads bought full toolkit for my teg

pulpmelon_r

Advanced Member
The best 60fts I've seen FWD on street tyres are in the 2.1 sec bracket, with drag radials you would hope to drop a few tenths and be aiming for 1.8 - 1.9.

On drag slicks 1.5 second 60's and broken drive shafts are the order of the day.

darkhawk

Advanced Member
I managed a 2.0 in the civic pulp

Missed second so was a crapy time but still got a good 60ft haha

My quickest in civic was with a 2.1 but teg I can't get below 2.29 :/

beppe786

Beppe
Oem diff and car just had alignment done again with slight tow out on front and tow in on back.. mugen shocks and springs

Track was very slippy.. I managed a 12.9 with my re070s with a 2.2 60ft. With a full weighted car before..

I was pretty sure would be low to mid 12s as car fully serviced new sparks oils and gearbox oil changed.. plus I striped it out aswell this time.. mapping was kept slightly on limit of leaner...

Well try again at japshow when boost will be increased. .