Drilled and Groved brake discs?

andyd

Advanced Member
fenomeno26 said:
check out the RSX forum. Those people seem to have done pretty much everything in their DC5s
RSX stuff won't fit IIRC

some may correct me on this.

Andy

Suped

Advanced Member
Tar-ox should do a nice bit of discs for the DC5, Drilled & grooved is nice.

andyd

Advanced Member
only problem i can see is the holes are drilled not cast in.

The could cause the discs to crack and easily warped under heated condictions. i.e a track day.

Andy

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Any disc with holes whether cast or drilled can and will crack under very heavy use.
Alot of manufs are using a groove as this helps the built up gasses under the pad to be drawn away from the disc. to help prevent fade (Fade is when the gas between the pad and disc builds up so much the pad no longer touches the disc.)
A drilled disc has holes for cooling which force the air from the outside thru the vents onto the pad having an opposing effect. (air is pushing against the pad stopping the gases from escaping.)

Back to the post, Ihave been looking for discs for a while but haven't found any as they are totally different from ep3 and rsx
Even pads are not easy.
If anyone knows different post it up..

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the car is listed on the black diamond chart, never tried these though.
Anyone else?

Spoon don't make DC5 discs.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Ok checked the BD part numbers they list the discs and pads but......................... they are the same as a civic :( which as we know are incorrect.
I have emailed BD to get them to check and ask if a set might be developed as i can send blanks etc.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Yes paul saw your post already but need discs sooner rather than later, who is the manufacturer?

Paul G

Members
Discs them selves are from AP Racing :D

Bit of a hold up with the bells so now looking like i will not have a test set fitted to the car untill end Feb/march... :cry:

Let you no how things go asap.

Paul.

jonster

Advanced Member
I've had the Delphi Lockheeds for some time now and I haven't really noticed that they work any better than the stock Brembos on the road or track. In fact, I think I've slightly warped them already. If they get any worse I'm putting my old Brembos back on which have had more track days (when my car was heavier too).

I don't know how the other Delphi Lockheed owners have got on with theirs.