Drilled Disks

civic17_99

Advanced Member
I'm after some Drilled disks for the front of my DC5, unfortunatly Spoon Sports have stopped making them for the DC5 and i cant find any Brembo ones either. Can anyone reccomend any decent drilled disks. I would rather not buy some dodgey ones of Ebay if i can help it.

Cheers Guys

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
I've just ordered some new brake discs and pads for the front

http://www.japshop.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_Brakes.html

I did loads of research into the uses of different types of brake discs and one article I read said that drilled discs were prone to cracking under heavy braking due to the heat. also the holes fill up with crap from the road and brake dust.

TBH if you ask anyone on here they will tell you that the stock brakes with an upgraded pad (Ferodo for example) are more than capable for fast road driving.

I went for the above ones as I'm going to be doing some track driving and a trip to the ring this year.

What do you use your car for mainly?

firthy22

Advanced Member
IntegraDan said:

I did loads of research into the uses of different types of brake discs and one article I read said that drilled discs were prone to cracking under heavy braking due to the heat. also the holes fill up with crap from the road and brake dust.

TBH if you ask anyone on here they will tell you that the stock brakes with an upgraded pad (Ferodo for example) are more than capable for fast road driving.

I went for the above ones as I'm going to be doing some track driving and a trip to the ring this year.

Looking at getting those myself, can you let us know your opinion of them when you have then fitted and tested.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
If you want to get the buddy club disks, speak to Paul Huges at Buddy club he will give you advice and will also be cheaper as there is no middle man.

I would seriously think about Dixcel FCR discs and Z pads.

Drilled discs are not what you want.

IntegraDan

Advanced Member
It's going to be a couple of weeks but as soon as there bedded in I'll post a review!

Paul was the guy that recomended these to me 8)

There not actually Buddy Club brakes there a USA Powervane rotors with a custom made alloy bell. :D

firthy22 said:
IntegraDan said:

Looking at getting those myself, can you let us know your opinion of them when you have then fitted and tested.

civic17_99

Advanced Member
IntegraDan said:

I use my car for every day use / fast road driving. A trip to the Ring is also on the cards.
I partly wanted drilled ones for asthetic reasons aswell.
But after reading peoples comments it doesnt seem like they are worth going for.