Drivers door lock totally stiff!!

Newty

Advanced Member
Hi there peeps.

Got an issue which I have had for some time but finally had a chance to have a look on Saturday...of course, I didn't fix it!!!

My drivers lock is rock hard stiff...wont turn at all when the key is put in.

On saturday I took me door card off and unclipped the lock from the handle and sprayed a load of release stuff in there but to no avail. Still wont turn.

There is no problem with the locking system, electrics etc, just the actual key barrel or whatever it is called.

Anyone else had an issue like this or know of it/know the cure???

Any help gratefully received.

cpoh

Advanced Member
Its your key barrel thats the problem. I have had the same problem with mine and brought it to a locksmith who shaved the pins inside the barrel and its working fine now.

Honda sell a blank cheaply enough if its toally bust and any decent locksmith should be able to set the pins up to match your key.

Newty

Advanced Member
cpoh said:
Its your key barrel thats the problem. I have had the same problem with mine and brought it to a locksmith who shaved the pins inside the barrel and its working fine now.

Honda sell a blank cheaply enough if its toally bust and any decent locksmith should be able to set the pins up to match your key.
Cool. I'll be finding a locksmith then!!! Thanks.

WestYorkshireman said:
I thought you were selling up a while ago Dave, have you decided to keep her ??
Hiya mate...hows things? Will be selling, yes. Need a diesel (leon cupra seems to be the choice at the moment)!!! Just want to sort out a few little niggles first...you know how fussy people are when buying these things!!!