Drivers door lock

Matt-DC5

Advanced Member
Hi all,

Wondered if any of you can help/advise/have experienced before....

Noticed the other week that upon locking/immobilising the car, the drivers door lock wouldn't arm almost like the central locking has failed; however locks the boot and passenger side. And am therefore having to use the key to manually lock it.
The same happens when driving the car, the internal lock switch locks boot and passenger but not drivers door like it used to in the past.

Im yet to take the door card off to investigate, but have sprayed some wd-40 into the door lock to see if that was the issue (i know i should have used to grease but non was readily avaliable)

Is anyone able to point my in the direction of what it could be or had this issue? As im not sure whether its due to a mechanical issue or if its due to the alarm/programming??

For ref: alarm is a Toad AI606.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Richie200

Advanced Member
Common problem I'm afraid, had the same issue on the passenger side. Replace the lock actuator normally fixes the issue.

Richie200

Advanced Member
I got the part with the car but haven't got round to doing it as it doesn't really bother me as it's the passenger side.

I'm sure there's a guide on here or on the RSX forum.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Its an hours work and not difficult really, the hardest part i found was unclipping the rods by hand as they can be really really stiff, and you don't want to snap the clips so i didn't use any tools on that part.