Drivers Headlight beef!

Cal Type R

have used the search button, but as i am meant to be working i couldnt find what i was looking for!

as in title, the drivers headlight sems buggered! thought i saw it fliker a few days ago, now the main headlight has just stopped working? and the other bulbs seem to have started flickering too?

so without reading the other posts and risk getting shot by my boss - any links or general advice as to what it could be?

Calum

Cal Type R

just a thought, i had the car valeted when i bought it, and the headlight thats now stopped working was fine, but after the valet was misted up on te inside - guessing a pressure washer forced water in somehow? could this be the case, or is the ballast just broken?!

iPicaso

before you start spending money, id remove the headlights and check the connections at the back, they may be loose.
id also take the bulb holder thingys out and check they are'nt holding a bit of water. you said they were playing up after a car wash.. there may be water around the the connecting part of the bulb shorting it. i had the same problem and it turned out that there wasnt a seal where the bulb goes in, and it wasnt even tightened up :evil: good job i checked it, i was about to go buy a new lamp because i couldn't be assed with the hassle.

Hope that helps,

GL

Cal Type R

ok, have been busy working etc so havent had time to take car in yet... however. this issue has now gotten worse.

if i turn my sidelights on, the two small bulbs come on at top of headlight, as they should.

turn main/dipped beam on and passenger side front HID fires up, along with a dull light from the inside projector, where full beam comes from. This comes on both sides. When i flash people, or click on the full beam, the dim light becomes really bright as it should on the passenger, but out completely on the drivers side...

i hope this makes sense and you guys no what i mean - coz its driving me crazy?! initially, only the sidelight bulber worked on the drivers side after HID suddenly failed - so witout touching it, what the hell is now going on?!

Cal Type R

son of a bitch!

swapped fuse and POP.

looks like a new ballast is required... and headlight as current one is horrid - can anyone assist?

Tim J

Advanced Member
Cal,

Sounds like a wiring issue if the fuse went straight away. Double check all wires are not touching stuff they shouldn't etc

HTH

Cheers

Tim J

Cal Type R

Tim J said:
Cal,

Sounds like a wiring issue if the fuse went straight away. Double check all wires are not touching stuff they shouldn't etc

HTH

Cheers

Tim J
but if water has gotten inside the ballast and mullered it (thats a technical term btw) would that not cause the circuit to short, hence the POP of the fuse?

our lads reckon that i should take bumper off, swap the ballasts over then i'd know for definite, they also reckoned they'd heard of ppl drying out the ballasts and bringing them back to life...

is all this neccessary, am i surely not delaying the inevitable £250 bill to get it fixed?!

Cal Type R

was the ballast. got a new one last week off of Paul G, so thanks for that mate!

the odd thing making the inside part of the lights come on, the full beams but duller, was the original blown fuse. it had popped funny, and the current was still getting accross?!

new ballast in, new fuse, everything back as it should be :) so happy again now.