Drivers side foot well wet

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Happened on my passenger side and that was the door weather strip trim that was leaking. Water was coming out of the speaker cover when it rained or after rinsing the car.
Spray the window with a hose and see if it leaks in.

kyle'87

Advanced Member
I have the same problem, there is a hole behind the arch lining (not sure where as I havent had it all apart yet) that water gets in when washing and also when there is heavy rain. I need to take the arch lining off and then possibly the wing to find the hole and seal it.

Currently I pull back the carpet and remove the insulation which holds onto A LOT of water. I then dry and put it all back.

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
i had something similar it ended up being the grommet that held the bonnet release cable in the bulkhead, (up underneath the steering column) it had come out and just needed pushing back in, you can also have problems with the seam sealant cracking underneath the front wings where they meet the A pillars, this can cause leaks in the cabin as well. i stuffed a load of tissue paper up underneath the steering column then sprayed the car with water for a while then checked which bits were wet to try and see where the leaks were coming from.

Bewesy

Advanced Member
The sealant where the bulk head meets the inner wing meets the windscreen can crack after it gets old and hard and let water in there (both sides), Have a look at the back of the engine bay and you can see it. When its been raining a while feel up under the dash above the flare holder or bonnet release and see if its damp. Mine did this ever so slightly, it was barely even a drip.

Easy to sort. Bumper off, side skirt off, wing off. Remove old sealant. Stick new stuff on. Fingers crossed its not the windscreen seal that's leaking :)