Drivers window "acting up!"

Dc5vic

Advanced Member
My drivers auto window is acting up as stated.When I push the button to roll the window up it just tries to go up and then goes back to where it originally was.It took me 15mins to go up last night :roll: .It's been happening for a bit now but only got really bad over the last few days but i'm now worried if I roll it down it mightn't go back up.Anyone had similar problems and could anyone shed some light on it or how to fix it ](*,) ?thanks

garytc78

Advanced Member
It sounds like something is restricting it so have a good look around the frame and see if theres anything stopping it and if you cannot see anything id just spray some wd40 around the frame.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Honda Integra Manual said:
1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2. Move the driver‘s window all the way down using the driver‘s switch. When the window reaches the bottom, hold the driver‘s window switch in the DOWN position for 2 seconds.

3. Move the driver‘s window all the way up using the driver‘s switch. When the window reaches the top, hold the driver‘s window switch in the UP position for 2 seconds.

4. If the window does not work in AUTO, repeat steps 1 through 4.
HTH :)

garytc78

Advanced Member
Ian hes not on about the one touch he's saying the window is thinking something is jammed and it is automatically going down.

MarkyD

Advanced Member
I have the same problem, i think its a resistance issue possibly because the window isnt set in the rail or its going up unevenly. i was gong to remove the door card this weekend but if anyone else knows of this issue i would apreciate some advice.

Dc5vic

Advanced Member
garytc78 said:
Ian hes not on about the one touch he's saying the window is thinking something is jammed and it is automatically going down.
Yeah the automatic button is fine,it's a fault of some sort in the mechanics of the window.It just refuses to go up when I hit the auto drivers button.The window will go up so far and then return to where it started.It's been happening the odd time but it took 15 minutes of messing around with it before it went up last night.Safe to say I didnt roll it down today!!!

VT-Doo

RushDoo
The auto button has two clicks. I assume you have tried to put the window up on just the first click?
I fail to see how it can go down while you are holding the button in the UP position.

It just so happens I had to disconnect the battery last night causing the AUTO function to fail. The above procedure worked perfectly first time.

If I were you I'd disconnect the battery and start again. The only tool you will need is a 10mm spanner.
Should take you no more than 10 minutes.

firthy22

Advanced Member
Seems to be a problem with Honda electric windows. Had a similar problem with mine and also on a friends accord Estate.

I have noticed that the windows don't always come up evenly. The front of the window tends be a bit higher than the back of the window so doesn't come up level and the back corner, sort of digs in. Usually happens about 1/4-1/3 of the way up.

I found that if you hold the glass at the back and pull up on the window while pressing the button it prevents it from digging in at the back and is fine once past halfway. Happens in dry weather when more friction on the window rubbers, when it's wet it seem fine as the water acts as a lubricant.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
I agree with you, my CR-X windows are totally fooked, however he doesn't mention the window not sitting right or anything of the sort.

Dc5vic

Advanced Member
The buttons are fine on 1 and 2 clicks.I have held the button in the 'up' position when rolling it up thinking it will go up but it hits over halfway and decides to come back down.I also noticed that when I roll the window down the glass tends to "shudder" a bit instead of it bein smooth.It could be just a matter of wd40'ing the window itself and keeping it moist.Gonna go out and spray a bit of wd40 on it now and see what happends.Could be onto something with the dry weather coz it has only happened since the weather has been good and dry!

firthy22

Advanced Member
VT-Doo said:
I agree with you, my CR-X windows are totally fornicate, however he doesn't mention the window not sitting right or anything of the sort.
It isn't that obvious, especially as the top of the window is curved. But if you watch the window as it winds up you might notice how, instead of going up straight, it sort of pushes backwards at the bottom of the movement and it's the top back corner that digs in, preventing it from going up. Hence, the reason it goes back down because it thinks there is an obstruction.

Dc5vic said:
My drivers auto window is acting up as stated.When I push the button to roll the window up it just tries to go up and then goes back to where it originally was.It took me 15mins to go up last night :roll: .It's been happening for a bit now but only got really bad over the last few days but i'm now worried if I roll it down it mightn't go back up.Anyone had similar problems and could anyone shed some light on it or how to fix it ](*,) ?thanks

This happens to me all the time and ive had my integra dc5 for about 3 year and i happens to alot of the integra drivers that i have spoke to say its a common fault as there is nothing restrickting it just put your window fully down then up slowly bit by bit till its up and it usualy doesnt do it again maybe now and again

barrettjona

The window regulator is after wearing out. There is a plastic clog attached to the motor that wear's out. At least this is what happened to me. I had to replace it. You would get it handy from a breakers yard.

sn:afu

Advanced Member
Mine has decided the auto window function doesn't want to work no more - have tried the recommended method but still nothing.

Anyone got any other suggestions? :xconfused:

garrettm9

Dc5vic said:
hi mate. did you get sorted. my window being doing this for a while now but steadily getting worse. i thought i wasnt going to get it closed tonight. nothing seems to be restricting it and put some fairy liquid on sides of glass to help it but didnt seem to help. just wondering if you got yours fixed

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Had exactly the same problem myself, so went to honda and all it needs is a bit of re-greasing because after a while the runners go dry, i used a silicone spray or you can use white grease and this done the job. hope this helps!

Edy

Advanced Member
As above, I used silicone spray on both runchannel rubber's (attach the tube into the nozzle for a more accurate spray) I no longer have this problem :wink:

Oh I've just noticed it was you Dan above :roll: :xcheers: