Driveshaft compatibility

Bernard777

Does anyone know if there is another driveshaft that will fit into the dc5 with little or no modifications. I know its a big ask but there hard to come by especially over in northern Ireland. My mechanic is a bit off a boy racer but really does know his stuff he thinks there must be something out there that comes close. Thanks.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
EP3 DONT FIT!!! Lol just pointing that out, and the ones from driveshaftshop I tried and they state DC5/EP3. Its the RSX model so has the shorter track and again don't fit!

Theres plenty of info on the forum regarding driveshafts and the main point is...Oem is the only replacement unfortunately. I tried when I thought I had an issue with mine which turned out yo be something else. Good luck if you can find a replacement other than DC5 type R specific, alot of people would welcome the info. Like I said mate, have a search and read up on here, its too much to post again. Haha but your best bet is a used part or new from honda (which is silly money)

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
My driver side has been clicking for 4 years now, I will replace it eventually so might try those Ebay ones.
It's £249 per side so not a bad price.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
well they state specifically for a jdm dc5, so hopefully they know the diffreence, they dont mention the inner shaft for the drivers side as its two piece.

nellly

Advanced Member
may be but in the advert that have gone a long way to make out they are jdm dc5 specific. OP phone and speak to them!

miki1212

Advanced Member
i have never seen any of these US companies make shafts for our JDM ITR's

all for RSX which they just assume will fit..

Bernard777

Thanks guys I'll find out today or tomorrow if it is definitely the driveshaft or not. The vibration under hard acceleration is getting worse. There's a company here in northern Ireland that say they can repair them and if I do take it to them and they do a good job il let you know all there details il post it up.

dave7368

Advanced Member
dave7368 said:
i would guess they are RSX items, visit Insane Shafts interweb site and this is what they list... correct me if i'm wrong though
well, it seems these are for DC5 ITR's i asked about these today, to have on the shelf for when mine break, and this is the reply i had....

Hi yes they are definitely 100% dc5 JDM we have them made especially for us by Insane, they aren't an off the shelf product with Insane, we went down the route of trying the RSX shaft and as you mention they are too short so we had Insane replicate a genuine DC5 shaft.
If I can help with anything please let me know.
Thanks
Matt

so i will have a set on standby and await breakage...

Bernard777

So turns out it wasn't my driveshaft, when he took it out and tiok it apart it looked fine, he moved the engine over a bit and this made it twice as bad, so today he is going other way with it till see wat happens anybody any ideas if not driveshaft