Driveshaft heatshield rattle...

Erm

Advanced Member
I know this is a known problem for many, its doing my head in, have tried to solve the rattle unsuccessfully.... has anyone solved the rattle on this whilst leaving it on? If so...how?

I've read some people saying to remove it... but I'm a bit hesitant to remove it completely. Anyone taken theirs off and had any issues from removing it?

Any suggestions/comments welcome.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
I think nearly all members, Inc nearly all EP3 owners have removed the heatshield with no ill effects

Erm

Advanced Member
Right ok, thanks.... will get it up on the ramp this afternoon and take it off unless anyone has other info to put me off removing it?

Erm

Advanced Member
came up with something else to fix the rattle... will get pics next time I get the car up on the ramp.

chrex

Advanced Member
i've got this issue too - is really bugging me! If it defo can be removed its coming straight off!!

Erm

Advanced Member
chrex said:
i've got this issue too - is really bugging me! If it defo can be removed its coming straight off!!
My mechanic at work was a bit hesitant in taking it off. I will get the car up on the ramp tomorrow and take picture of what we came up with that sorted it nicely.

Erm

Advanced Member
Just got the car on the ramp and took a quick pic between customers...

He took out the old bolt and put a rubber mount between the rattling parts then used a longer bolt and tightened it up... Whatever you put there has to have some flexibility in it to stop the rattling. Not a sound out of it now. This is the middle "shiny" bolt in the picture by the driveshaft just to clarify.