Driveshaft measurment request.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hi you wonderfull lot, im after a mahoosive favour if someone would be so kind :). I need to know the measurment from end to end of both drivers and passengers side OEM driveshafts. (Needs to be a fully compressed measurment) ;).

Would greatley appreciate it.

Hope someone can help..
James

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Can't help you with measurements as I'm guessing they'd need to be off the car really but I just wondered what happened with the hasport after? Did you want nd up returning them to Paul? Are you still stuck without any?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Yes they do needed to be off, just hoping if there was anyone with some off. lol Was a stab in the dark really. :xgrin:

Well, ive been on and off the phone to Paul at DSS over the past couple of days (When he hasnt been busy) waiting for him to get back to me with a measurment form one of their cars...(very helpful guy). I put this thread out as i felt bad ringing him every day . haha poor guy must have been sick of me :xaiweb5:

I did see your measurments tricker_luke, i just wanted to see if someone else had the same as i didnt fancy taking them off to fit them and find they were wrong.

Anyways, turns out the set i recieved are the wrong size and actually for an RSX type s, but thats not Paul's fault, Paul has explained to me where the mistake has been made and it appears to be the company he got this particular set them from are playing silly buggers. any way thats another story. They also appear to be a different measurment to yours tricker_luke. ( the new ones you recieved so there is almost Three different measurments? :xaiweb6: its very confusing, damn things. Like I said Paul has been very helpfull, one of the measurements i was nearly 40mm off what Paul had given me.

So long story short.. they are wrong, but do come apart. :xyes: so my car is off to TGM on the 8th of next month for clutch to be changed, so we agreed to let Tom look at it and take it from there. :) see if he can change the joints over and use the standard shaft or something. Have to wait and see.

So yes, im still inneed of some, but the teg will only now be ued this weekend for the mini devon meet, and a few days before TGM visit when she goes up to the bristol honda meet. Untill then its the suzuki baleno :xno:

Fun times

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
The first measurements in my thread are correct to within a few mm of a US website I found. He had the rsx listed as type s, and the dc5 as type r, mine corresponded to the type r measurements