Driveshafts/CV joints

Copeland93

Hi guys,

Sounds like I've got a passenger side cv joint gone, knocking when turning.
What are my options for replacing these and what sort of price am I looking at? Is it beat to just buy new shafts and be done with it?
Cheers

Humm

Advanced Member
Honda shafts will cost you £500+ each!
Insane shafts are around £250 each.
If you can get away with the Cv joint I would just change that, cheapest option

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I've recently had to changed the nearside CV joint and went for Blueprint stuff as it was cheaper, one week down the line and noise was back. I buy another blueprint CV joint, few days down the line and the noise has returned (and is still there currently).

I've put a claim in against Blueprint which I have told has passed which means the part must be faulty, others have said it could be the top mounts that are making the noise. Either way replacing the joint has not resolved the issue for me. I'm wondering if perhaps the blueprint part just isn't compatible with the DC5?

Honda CV joint will set you back £250 and that's only for part of the joint. So expensive.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I tried different brands of driveshaft, including 4 different insane ones ( wrong length etc) then just got an ep3 blueprint cv joint.
That has been fine now for a year and 15k or so miles.
I had to get refunds on all of the driveshafts I tried which was a joke in the end.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
tricker_luke said:
I tried different brands of driveshaft, including 4 different insane ones ( wrong length etc) then just got an ep3 blueprint cv joint.
That has been fine now for a year and 15k or so miles.
I had to get refunds on all of the driveshafts I tried which was a joke in the end.
It's been a nightmare Luke, so frustrating. :(

I'm wondering if perhaps I should try an EP3 CV joint instead of DC5 one as perhaps the fit may be better and if the noise is still there then it must be something else, top mounts perhaps as many have said on here.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
James*1829 said:
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-INTEGRA-2-0-TYPE-R-K20-OUTER-CV-JOINT-KIT-/131093460678?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AIntegra%7CPlat_Gen%3ADC5&hash=item1e85c776c6:g:OmAAAOxygPtS1R4p

I recently fitted one of these from eBay to my dc5. It seems a good quality part and stopped the noise I was getting from my old joint. It's been on the car for a couple of months now and is still perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the link James, much appreciated.

nellly

Advanced Member
no they are different. Thats why we struggle to get drive shafts so much and they fact that the RSX ones are different as well

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
And you can't buy ep3 aftermarket shafts and change the ends over either,,... You have to either get oem ep3 and swap the ends over, or get good oem ep3 replacements, and then you can only get hold of three. The two outers, and one inner....the drivers side inner is impossible to source in blueprint form, on ebay etc, nothing. Either brand new from honda or good second hand unit.

Only ones i know of that will be brand new, aftermarket replacements that will definitely fit will be the Spoon shafts. ££££, although so are OEM lol

Pasty

Banned
I've just lost the female end that goes into the half shaft what an idiot lol & by the the sound of it the tegiwa insane ones don't for correctly either!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
The female end is the drivers side inner i was talking about above....impossible to source a blue print part. Only the gearbox side is available. You cheapest option will be to source a good used ep3 end bud

nellly

Advanced Member
the tegiwa insane ones should fit BUT from the last message i read from them insane keep labelling/sending the wrong shafts out, i am sure they was one guy that had 3 wrong ones in a row and then just gave up and bought second hand.

so yes they should work but its a risk that you will get ones that fit.
if it was me i would get tegiwa to measure them before they send them out just so you can be sure the ones that turn up will be right.

paul 16v

Advanced Member
Ive Just ordered some of the Drive shaft shop ones from Funky power (they assured me they are for jdm dc5), I will let you guys know how i get on.

BAD3GG

Advanced Member
I was told by grinspeed last time I was in that they fit the mfactory ones and have no issues.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk